• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TMNT original art for covers

11 posts in this topic

Hi all

I am trying to compile a list and i need your help.

I am trying to make a list of who owns the TMNT original series artwork for the covers.

I am sure i saw some one on here with the cover for No. 3

If you have any information for the wherabouts of the cover artwork it will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Danny

Hi Danny,

I own the cover art to issue #3 of the original series. It's on my personal website, but here's a link:

http://www.nighthawkcomics.com/art/eastman-tmnt3.jpg

I bought it a couple months ago for quite a bit of cash. I wasn't sure what it would be worth on the open market, so I had to shell out whatever I felt it was "worth" to me. Anyway, hope you like it.

I think Eastman still owns the cover and interior to issue #1, and has it "for sale" for 1 million dollars (which basically means it's not for sale). I haven't seen the #2 cover, nor have I seen any of the other early covers. Some interior work does show up from time to time, though.

Best,

Hi,

Thanks for the compliments on my site......it's taken a while to amass the original art, but I guess that's part of the fun!

I'd love to get more TMNT art from the original run, by the original team, if anyone finds any. I was reading comics in the early 80s, so that's the peak nostalgia zone for me, in terms of buying original art. TMNT, Miracleman, DK, Miller DD, Byrne X-Men, Elektra, Watchmen, Crisis, Killing Joke, Grendel, Mage, etc.

Best,