• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Terry Dodson Original Art Contact Info - Anyone have it?

8 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I'm a newbie, and am looking for a nice Terry Dodson Wonder Woman piece to add to my very small collection (can count all the pieces on one hand and one finger).

Other than a fairly high priced full page on eBay, I've not seen a single page of the Dodsons' WW issues for sale. My searches of the internet (which may have been inept) also failed to uncover his agent or anywhere where his art may be sold.

Now, I know the Dodsons actually do sell their art because there are some people on ComicArtFans with some really nice examples in their collection.

Does anyone know how I could get in touch with Mr. or Mrs. Dodson or their art agent representative, or friend who sells their art, or well trained chimpanzee that sells their art, or whatever? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much.

893applaud-thumb.gif- A

Thanks guys.

I have a question, however. With some of the dealers, there is - how do you say - some "fluff" built into the price, and I guess they expect some negotiation.

Is it the same way with artists?

On the one hand, I try to buy directly from artists whenever possible because I love the artists and I want to contribute towards their well being and show them how much I appreciate their work. On the other hand, as an individual with a (very) limited source of funds, I can't go crazy no matter how much I like the piece. Do artists react negatively to attempts to negotiate?

Look forward to your advice.

Thanks again for the tip on the yahoo boards, will go there first to check it out.

You are the best! I will let you know how it goes.

Depends on the artist. I deal with two artists frequently - one I ALWAYS negotiate with and get a discount, the other I just pay the asking price.

Of course, one is much "hotter" than the other at the moment so that has something to do with it.

I'd probably attempt to knock a little off the price and see how they react. As long as you're polite, the artist shouldn't freak out or anything.

If you are just buying one page, I wouldn't try to negotiate, if you are buying more 2 or more, then you can try.

It never hurts to ask, as long as you do it properly (politely as pointed out earlier)

Malvin

Thanks so much guys. I found a page I like, but his price for that page is a little high (it is as much as a full page splash, although this page isn't). Since I'm not sure about how much I like the page, I'd rather not negotiate with him and then decide not to get the page. I think that I'll wait for the next issue and hope for more nice Dodson goodness.

If you see him tomorrow in Oregon, however, please tell him that he has some big fans here in Brooklyn, New York City! Thanks.