• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nominate your choice for craziest heritage price

14 posts in this topic

Does the basis have to be a multiple of guide? The guide is irrelevant on almost anything in 9.4 and up for pre 1970 books. I nominate Daredevil #7 CGC 9.0 going for almost double the highest GPA price previously set. 893whatthe.gif

There were a number of spectacular prices for Marvel silver age keys. X-Men #1 VF+ $12,547... Amaz Spid #1 VF/NM $31,850... Avengers #1 VF+ $6,572. I believe these are all new records for these grades that blew out the previous highs.

ASM #37 cgc 9.4 for >$6,500. insane.gif The price is so ludicrous at >4X the previous record that I'm certain it is either a mistake, or a bid that the individual has no intention of honoring.

Another candidate: DD #16 cgc 9.4 $1,912.

X-men #4 9.4 went for $6,572, a new high easily topping the previous $4,370.

Brave and the Bold #34 9.4(tth's book) went for around 4K more than the previous high(maybe what he paid for it originally). Also ASM #6 9.4 going for about 2K more than the previous non-ped high. ASM# 52 9.6 shattering the Pacific Coast copy's high by 2K.

I won 3 books in the internet bidding only to lose all 3 on the floor tonofbricks.gif

the biggest NON surprise was the Obadiah Oldbuck sale....Steve's been a real standup guy, taking it square on the chin by saying so over in Gold, but in the kindest way possible, all of us who participated in the Obadiah vs Superman thread last year must get to say "we told you so."

flash 139 9.0 $918 about 7x guide ( i won this one by the way!!!)

Just out of curiosity, what is it about this book that caused you to pay such a high multiple?

Brave and the Bold #34 9.4(tth's book) went for around 4K more than the previous high(maybe what he paid for it originally).

That previous price paid on a 9.4 B&B 34 (around $7K I think) was a total anomaly and apparently done through Doug Schmell's site. I think most SA DC collectors would happily pay $7K for that book (I know I would, and wish I'd known that Schmell was going to sell it for so cheap). As it was, my Western Penn copy sold for a bit less than I was expecting.

I thought some of the Adventures went for pretty whacky prices.

Adventure 346 in only 9.4, one of 3 copies in 9.4, went for a bit more than 11X guide. For a mid-run Adventure from 1966? Why? Even taking into account that Adventures are woefully underpriced in the Guide, this is really aggressive. To put a little perspective on it, this went for as much as a 9.6 copy of Adventure 315 (from 1963) with White pages in this same auction. I don't think it's too hard to guess which one I think is the more desirable book.

In light of the 346's price, the Boston 9.6 copy of #347 going for 17X Guide doesn't seem so whacky. But in my book, it's still pretty whacky. At least it's all alone at the top of the census! tongue.gif

Just out of curiosity, what is it about this book that caused you to pay such a high multiple?

the first appearance of prof. zoom,one of my favorite villians,and this is the second highest copy i have ever seen for sale,the other being the 9.6 that went for 8400 or whatever.I dropped a BIG bomb on that book i saw it listed,it was just a must have for me,just like the guy with the 1k+ bats 227.I was forced to sell my flash 117 8.5 when my dad died in march,but i am way happier with this book, so it worked out well thumbsup2.gif

the first appearance of prof. zoom,one of my favorite villians,and this is the second highest copy i have ever seen for sale,the other being the 9.6 that went for 8400 or whatever.I dropped a BIG bomb on that book i saw it listed,it was just a must have for me,just like the guy with the 1k+ bats 227.I was forced to sell my flash 117 8.5 when my dad died in march,but i am way happier with this book, so it worked out well thumbsup2.gif

thumbsup2.gif

ASM #37 cgc 9.4 for >$6,500

That price is actually 500 more than one dealer insisted (less than a year ago) I simply MUST take for a complete fair condition copy of Detective #27