• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why eBay Feedback doesn't Work

14 posts in this topic

Here's a dealer with 100% positive feedback.

Now read the feedback from phinatical on August 16, 2003 where it says "Nice comic about a VF as expected."

wink.gif

Feedback

Now view the actual auction. mad.gif

Auction

The system doesn't work. confused.gif

Either, the person sold you what he described, or he didn't. What does that mean when I see a person with 100% feedback if his NM's are really VF's? So now, I win a book at a very nice discount, and then get the book and realized I paid guide value.

That's just !@#$$%%^^.

893frustrated.gif

Now in defense of the seller, the book does look nicer than a VF in the scan! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Feedback NEVER shows the most thing..... whether the seller can grade. It would be nice if there were some sort of grading feedback system independent of pos/neut/neg feedback.

I usually try to mention the accuracy of the grading in my feedback.

Unless it is a very well known dealer-Donut,Diesal,jon Hauser, ect I bid as if it will be a vg/f when it arrives. If I bid accordingly and it arrives better, great. I spent too much on return shipping when I started buying on ebay.Some of these sellers should throw in a breathe mint so they could say it was near-mint when shipped. Apologies to whomever said that first but it was too goodto let lie fallow.

It would be nice if there were some sort of grading feedback system independent of pos/neut/neg feedback.

The other point to consider here, is when you find a dealer that CAN grade acurately, would you tell the world about it? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The feedback system is very minimally effective...can't wait to see version 2 of a feedback system to really help remove some of the guesswork which surrounds consumer-to-consumer e-commerce.

It would be nice if there were some sort of grading feedback system independent of pos/neut/neg feedback.

The other point to consider here, is when you find a dealer that CAN grade acurately, would you tell the world about it? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Not to sound snobbish blush.gif...but I am thankful to my buyers for letting other buyers know I grade accurately or very conservatively or undergrade the books in my feedback. So yes thankfully for my business many people do tell others if dealers CAN grade accurately. grin.gif

Not to sound snobbish blush.gif...but I am thankful to my buyers for letting other buyers know I grade accurately or very conservatively or undergrade the books in my feedback. So yes thankfully for my business many people do tell others if dealers CAN grade accurately. grin.gif

My next feedback for you will be:

Positive: Seller cna't grade worth a lick! Severely undergraded books - go rob him BLIND!!! wink.gif

My next feedback for you will be:

Positive: Seller cna't grade worth a lick! Severely undergraded books - go rob him BLIND!!! wink.gif

Yes Darth please leave that feedback. I appreciate your assistance in furthering my evil master scheme to sell people undergraded books below guide prices that will fix all the buyers out there...and ..and... make them wanna come back for more ... confused.giftongue.gif

I'm with ya, Sfilosa! This is one of the biggest problems with eBay comic purchases.

And to those who responded with "I always knock a couple of grades off any seller's estimate of condition, so I'm generally happy with the results," I say BAH. That's not cutting it.

I try to always note what the purchase was (comic title and issue #), and the grade in which it arrived, and whether that was the grade stated.

Yes, you'd still have the problem of many buyers not knowing a VF from a VG, and thereby leaving praise simply thru ignorance, but at least we'd have the beginnings of a feedback system worth referencing...

eBay funnybook buyers unite! If people would just use the feedback system with some level of integrity and forthrightness, the world would be a better place.

The other point is this: while the auction in question is still 'fresh,' you can go check the seller's grading for the book in question and compare it to the buyer's assessment of the grade. But what about when that item is no longer accessible, and all you have to go on is the "nice book, about VF as expected" ??