• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The KC convention report. Forum members in their native habitat

59 posts in this topic

Nice report mica. My favorite part was the live version of Frogger (using turtles) you played on your drive here. I may have to write up a Con report myself. I didn't bring a camera though, so I may have to resort to courtroom style sketches using stick figures.
Please do. I kept looking for you. You were as scarce as the Chiefs in the playoffs. confused.gif

Sounds like a great time. I'm looking for a 2008 Road Trip candidate and Planet Comicon sounds like a possibility. How many dealers were there?
If you do, bring a small/medium banner that says Flying Donut.

I wish more of the dealers had their booth name displayed.

It would have been easier to give directions or tell somebody I'll meet you by "____"

Since we all knew lighthouse, we kept returning like homing pigeons.

And his banner was lame "trade paperbacks" smirk.gif

(actually he has a banner but it was too long for the booth that's why I recommend moderate sized).

Hey Mica,

Great report and great meeting you in person! I'll probably get around to posting my lame (I'm just beating Greggy to the punch here) report later tonight or tomorrow.

btw: No pics with me in them sorry.gif

It's ok, after looking through mine, I missed a few members too. frown.gif

Hey Mica...is there any way to contact Don Rosa or get ahold of one of his cover spoofs other than in person? Thanks-John
I sent him an email (the old email address I had a few years ago). Don't know if it's still active, but so far it hasn't been returned in my mailbox so we'll see. I mentioned this thread but he may just lurk instead of log in.

But don't get the wrong impression, he really doesn't know me terribly well. After all I'm just some fan that bothers him a few times per decade.

It's not like he invites me out fishing in Kentucky. 27_laughing.gif

Your best bet is to find out where he is signing and have one of our many forum members go to that nearby event for you. We're a pretty spread out group of forum members almost like a legion. PM if you want to discuss it further.

btw: No pics with me in them sorry.gif

It's ok, after looking through mine, I missed a few members too. frown.gif

Greggy told me not to take yours. gossip.gif

Post that framed slab. cool.gif

I will just piggy back on this thread with a few of my conquests over the weekend, 80% of the time was securing signatures, but was able to get on some commission lists and the end product made me pretty darn happy...

Tony Moore Zombie Spidey!

1785900-tonymoore.jpg

1785900-tonymoore.jpg.75b9f56a123222d4feb33b1abe4713ee.jpg

This report pales in comparison to mine... poke2.gif

But mine probably won't be up until very late tomorrow... juggle.gif

I still have to get the tornado video uploaded to YouTube, and I have 278 pics to go through.

I didn't finish unloading the van until about 15 minutes ago. A very long weekend indeed.

And you don't even want to know where my assistant put that Spidey pillow... cloud9.gif

BTW, she is 90% certain she will be joining the forums after this trip. Her forum dinner in San Diego three years ago didn't spur her on, but apparently this one did. I told her she needs something memorable for a first post. We'll see... We'll see...

Was Harley Yee there? He does every big show on the circuit - it would've been unusual for him not to turn up...

Kind of odd to hear this coming from you, considering Harley was supposed to be in Manchester last weekend and Bristol this weekend.

I will just piggy back on this thread with a few of my conquests over the weekend, 80% of the time was securing signatures, but was able to get on some commission lists and the end product made me pretty darn happy...

Tony Moore Zombie Spidey!

1785900-tonymoore.jpg

Jon, that is FREAKIN' SPECTACULAR!!!! 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gifheadbang.gifheadbang.gifheadbang.gif

This report pales in comparison to mine... poke2.gif
smirk.gif

And you don't even want to know where my assistant put that Spidey pillow... cloud9.gif

BTW, she is 90% certain she will be joining the forums after this trip. Her forum dinner in San Diego three years ago didn't spur her on, but apparently this one did.

That's cause the people at this one were "quality" acclaim.gif

Great report Mica! One of the best ever. The Rosa parody wall was impressive--I really liked the one you bought.
I've already got it in a cheap frame. yay.gif

I think I want the ACTION parody next. Seeing the 3 nephews fun for cover is 893applaud-thumb.gif