• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the best deal you ever got on a great GA book ?

62 posts in this topic

Someone bought a lot on eBay the other night that I just missed. I think it went for $35.00 and had an All Winners 1 in it! Did anyone else see that one?

foreheadslap.gif $35. blush.gif

I was stunned! I saw it right at the top of the latest listings, it said something like "Lot of vintage comics" or something like that. BIN for $35. I clicked on it and it had just been BIN'ed. In the picture was a Detective in the 40's I believe and an All Winners 1 with a major spine roll. It made me think the CF might be out, but for $35 who cares? confused-smiley-013.gif

Found the auction

All Winners 1

My best deal on a GA comic was on ebay about 5 years ago when I was able to win PEP COMICS #22 in an unrestored VF condition. Stunning copy.. I paid $3600 for it. I wonder what it would go for now 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Please post it, so we can see with our own eyes this 'collectors dream come true', and from ALL of us you will recieve some repsonses like this: 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gifacclaim.gif893whatthe.gifyay.gifhail.gif

Damn. Looks like the guy re-listed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230131574537

Hmm. Actually, it looks like the place is an eBay Quick-drop shop. SHowcase -- how did they handle this with you on your end?

Ouch, that sucks. Looks like Showcase should have played his cards closer to his chest. frown.gif

My guess is that someone probably e-mailed the seller.

Yep. Showcase ruffled some feathers when he first came on here, so it was probably someone who frequents the GA section. If that's the case, pretty low blow. crazy.gif

Maybe Steve did an extremely honorable thing and told the seller that he had an item worth a lot more than his bid. Maybe there was a mutual agreement, if not then would not the seller be legally bound to complete the transaction, or is ebay tilted towards sellers.

I know I'd be calling Ebay, the seller and my lawyer, not necessarily in that order, if I was Steve.

I am Steve, and I did

Good line 27_laughing.gif ....and yep, good luck, Steve. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif