• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help a "new" old collector out...

8 posts in this topic

Now that i've finally gotten used to the whole CGC thing....the CGC SS got me curious. You gentlemen actually attend all these events to get sigs all acorss the country? Or am i missing something...

If anyone doesn't mind giving a a few pointers on getting CGC SS books.

Feel like Jordan unretiring to join the Wizards... tonofbricks.gif

Thanks!

i'm fairly new to the CGC forums too and just started collecting again. I actually bought my first SS book on ebay. i'm bit of a modern fan so i picked up a copy of Civil War #1 Turner Variant with three sigs. i don't have the time to go to any conventions or signings where CGC is present so i just buy mine online.

aka,

There are a number of authorized witnesses: comicfreak, jonjesper, pirate, Kevin Boyd, paradisecomics, CW, thecollector and possibly others. They generally let others know what conventions they are attending and provide links to the event themselves. We, the consumers, then contact them. They all have different procedures for how we get the books to them and pay them for the services (including the CGCing and the shipping). We pay, get them the books and they get the creators to auto and then submit them to CGC. Then we wait patiently juggle.gif until the books arrive. I have found them all to be great to work with. I have submitted through paradise, comicfreak and jj. I have bought from pirate and thecollector. I am putting my first submission with CW together as we speak. If you are not ready to really get addicted, don't start. insane.gif I hope this helped.

--Sean.

thumbsup2.gif)

Thansk guys... anyone of you know if Bob Layton, John Byrne, or Whilce Portacio will be attending?

I need books signed by those guys... or am I asking for something crazy?

Layton and Portacio do shows occasionally. They won't be hard to get. Byrne has said he won't do conventions ever again.

thumbsup2.gif)

Thansk guys... anyone of you know if Bob Layton, John Byrne, or Whilce Portacio will be attending?

I need books signed by those guys... or am I asking for something crazy?

Try this guy for Byrne stuff. He is trying to sell some in this thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...e=0#Post1786225

If you don't see anything there, PM me as I have more than 20 Byrne SS books in my collection.