• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any Tampa con reports?

6 posts in this topic

It was great in my opinion. In terms of sales, it was fantastic. There was literally more sales at the small one day Tampa show then the giant 3-day MegaCon convention. The attendance was pretty good. The selection is pretty good. There was a strong presensce of Gold, Silver and Bronze books--more so in hero books. I think our booth easily had the best Golden Age Timely selection, and high grade Silver Age selection, plus there was Greg White and some other guy who had some nice GA stuff. Not so much in other Golden Age genres like funny animal books or westerns, or stuff like that. We were short on guests this time though. Next time Herb Trimpe will be there, which will be cool. I hope he is doing some sketches.

Overall, Tampa was a great show as always.

It was great in my opinion. In terms of sales, it was fantastic. There was literally more sales at the small one day Tampa show then the giant 3-day MegaCon convention. The attendance was pretty good. The selection is pretty good. There was a strong presensce of Gold, Silver and Bronze books--more so in hero books. I think our booth easily had the best Golden Age Timely selection, and high grade Silver Age selection, plus there was Greg White and some other guy who had some nice GA stuff. Not so much in other Golden Age genres like funny animal books or westerns, or stuff like that. We were short on guests this time though. Next time Herb Trimpe will be there, which will be cool. I hope he is doing some sketches.

Overall, Tampa was a great show as always.

For dealers, Tampa is turning out to be a better show cost-wise then Mega-Con. If you have a good cross-section of stuff, you're sure to do a decent amount of business, and its well worth the table cost of $65-$75.

I spoke to a number of attendees who traveled up from South Florida just to buy, whenever there is a small but growing group of folks who are willing to drive 2-3 hours just to attend a regional convention, that's a good reflection on the con itself.

I think Tim is going to have to consider expanding the venue at some point....even if it means an extra $25/table, because he sells out early and is leaving money on the table by having to turn dealers away.

You and Mike certainly had the best spread of anyone there, and I'm glad to hear you both did so well. As for myself, I spent less then $200 on mostly dollar books. Finding high grade 60s-70s books at decent prices has become an impossibility at most cons anymore. frustrated.gif

I think Tim is going to have to consider expanding the venue at some point....even if it means an extra $25/table, because he sells out early and is leaving money on the table by having to turn dealers away.

Yep...I've tried to get a table only to find out (yet again) it sold-out rather quickly. I suspect he pretty much sells-out after a show with attending dealers (those that actually had tables) renewing for the next show...

New blood is good as it varies what's available from show to show... gossip.gif

Jim