• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TOD #10...record price?

82 posts in this topic

Most dealers will tell you that this book ranks high on the "most wanted" list for their customers. NM 9.4's and up rarely make it to eBay, and when they do, watch out. All it really takes is two or three bidders (which seems to be the case here) who get caught-up in a bidding war, and this book starts going for "stupid money."

Will this issue ever lose its key status? It's just the 1st appearance of Blade? WTF??? confused-smiley-013.gif Dealers who say that this is in the top 10 of their clientele, what do those folks collect? Tomb of Dracula? 70's MArvel horror? I'm just trying to figure out a frame of reference for those that place a high priority on this book and Marvel Spotlight 2...it boggles my mind...

I can't explain Marvel Spotlight 2, but TOD 10 is easy. Whatever problems he's had in the comics, Blade has had some decent success as a film character, so people naturally sought out his first appearance. I did- I liked the first movie, so I grabbed a couple of copies of the book. Before that Blade barely registered with me.

its hollywood crossing over into comics, seeking out vampire lovers, and causing increased demand, which i understand, but then it appears the speculators are the ones making the price nuts in an ever upward spiraling speculator to speculator buying frenzy. I am a collector & bought a raw 8.5 for $68 and am very happy with that. When investors are selling to investors, and not collectors there is nothing but a crash waiting to happen..... rantpost.gif

oh, and of course there are RUMORS of a werewolf movie, and that is a speculators favorite phrase......

Another Werewolf movie...like An American Werewolf in London? tongue.gif

I heard of something caleld Underground (?) coming out at the end of this month about Vampires and Lycan(thrope)s and some weird unded war about to ignite...???

oh, and of course there are RUMORS of a werewolf movie, and that is a speculators favorite phrase......

Another Werewolf movie...like An American Werewolf in London? tongue.gif

I heard of something caleld Underground (?) coming out at the end of this month about Vampires and Lycan(thrope)s and some weird unded war about to ignite...???

I saw a trailer for that this weekend... The cinematography is spectacular, it's as close to black and white as you can get and still be color, which lends a very eerie feel to it. I have no idea whether the story will be worth ten minutes with Khaos' girlfriend, but visually the movie looks pretty cool.

I have a feeling it'll be a movie that film buffs really dig for the technical stuff, but I'd be surprised if the plot is as good as the trailer...

As for Tomb 10, every high grade copy I have ever had sold for substantially more than I expected it to. I sold a raw copy for $165 back in '99 and the guy who bought it said there hadn't been a copy in any condition at the last five cons he had been to. My low grade copies I usually price at double guide in the shop and they still sell within a couple months. I sold one in VG for $35 a few months ago and the buyer didn't even hesitate. Said he'd been looking all over and was just happy to find one. There are a surprising number of collectors who still do not buy anything on eBay...

Anybody have an opinion what premium this assembled 9.6/9.8 TOD/Fear Blade Set would fetch...

Tomb of Dracula.....10.....9.6 NM+ OWW.....0114250021.....1st Appearance of Blade

Tomb of Dracula.....12.....9.6 NM+ White.....0067864009.....2nd App. Blade

Tomb of Dracula.....13.....9.6 NM+ White.....0114250025.....Origin Blade

Tomb of Dracula.....17.....9.6 NM+ OWW.....0067864010.....Blade Bitten by Dracula

Tomb of Dracula.....19.....9.6 NM+ White.....0067864012.....Blade Immune - has Vampire Blood

Adv. into Fear.........24.....9.8 NM/M White.....0041832023.....Blade Appearance vs. Morbius

Anybody have an opinion what premium this assembled 9.6/9.8 TOD/Fear Blade Set would fetch...

Tomb of Dracula.....10.....9.6 NM+ OWW.....0114250021.....1st Appearance of Blade

Tomb of Dracula.....12.....9.6 NM+ White.....0067864009.....2nd App. Blade

Tomb of Dracula.....13.....9.6 NM+ White.....0114250025.....Origin Blade

Tomb of Dracula.....17.....9.6 NM+ OWW.....0067864010.....Blade Bitten by Dracula

Tomb of Dracula.....19.....9.6 NM+ White.....0067864012.....Blade Immune - has Vampire Blood

Adv. into Fear.........24.....9.8 NM/M White.....0041832023.....Blade Appearance vs. Morbius

$1500-$2K mark.....on a good day.