• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Drop in Spiderman 300 price question.

61 posts in this topic

pretty savvy move, to jump on a site and insult someone you don't know inside of your first 20 posts.

why don't you prove to us that you have impeachable morality before you start being a ?

That was a joke, how about you grow a sense of humor sal...

Only one acting like a is you. 893blahblah.gif

Play nice guys 893naughty-thumb.gif

pretty savvy move, to jump on a site and insult someone you don't know inside of your first 20 posts.

why don't you prove to us that you have impeachable morality before you start being a ?

That was a joke, how about you grow a sense of humor sal...

Only one acting like a is you. 893blahblah.gif

ah sure. okey dokey. well, my post was a joke too, so there

If I have offended - then I am sorry. You are right I am a noob on this board, I just have a wierd sense of humor.

Didn't mean to hijack the thread.

it's all good. thread hijacks are par for the course around here. this could easily be the DB Cooper message board

Two bidders went crazy (one went super crazy) over this latest closed auction of CGC 9.8 SW#8

SW8 for $279!

Hard to believe considering there are issues available for BINs in the $150 to $175 range. foreheadslap.gifscrewy.gifinsane.gif

i've been watching most of the auctions for the past week on sw 8. that has byfar been the most unbelievable one. i've seen them go for 103 - 160.

I have a question?

What is the guy thinking who paid 1,799 for the PGX 10.0 double cover SW #8. Does he think he can sell it for 2,000 someday/more money than brains 893scratchchin-thumb.gif.

I just find it funny that I was in the comic shops at the time '84/'85 but wouldnt have paid 75 cents for them--of course now looking back takeit.gif

I have a question?

What is the guy thinking who paid 1,799 for the PGX 10.0 double cover SW #8. Does he think he can sell it for 2,000 someday/more money than brains 893scratchchin-thumb.gif.

I just find it funny that I was in the comic shops at the time '84/'85 but wouldnt have paid 75 cents for them--of course now looking back takeit.gif

I remember the times myself - & I think I have a couple copies kicking around in a box somewhere but too lazy to drag them out to make a hundred bucks on - although I probably should have. But Jive Turkey's analogy to Real Estate is correct - everyone in this country has been sucked into this "flipper" mentality and thought they were going to be the next Carlton Sheets zillionaire - but the only people making the money are the first in and first out - there are now untold numbers of "bagholders" all over the country who are in for fiscal ruin on the overpriced "investment" properties they bought to flip - and the same will be true for much of the high grade modern market - when hard times come (and they are a' coming...) or just certain issues popularity wane, and these issues get dumped on the market, then the prices will plummet. This is simply supply and demand. When the demand goes away, either because people realize they won't become instant millionaires on RE, or because they realize that all those copies of Death of Superman will NOT pay for their kids education, that they just helped pay rent for a dealers store & propped Warner stock for a month, then what they have left is something worth far less than what they paid - and likely to be dumped onto an already over-saturated market - further reducing price/liquidity.

Guilty? Heck no. A little shocked that someone paid that kind of money? Absolutely.

Bob Storms has a funny acronym for hype. (H.Y.P.E = Hope You Paid Enough). Meaning, quite simply, if you bought into the mania, be prepared to lose your shirt. No different then if you bought during the real estate peak of 2005 and you're staring at a monthly adjustable mortgage payment that keeps jumping higher on a house that's now worth 20-30% less then what you paid.

Too bad...so sad. You made an emotional decision, when you should have made a logical one backed with sound research and accurate financial analysis.

As a seller, its not my responsibilty to tell the buyer he's paying nutty money for something that I personally don't believe to be worth it. Who knows, in the long run he may make out well, or he might already have sold it to someone else. Either way, if you're going to spend $100, $1,000, $100,000 or $ 1 mil on something, its up to you to do the research if its something you're buying as an investment.

Spoken like a true Gordon Gekko.

hail.gif20050831-Gordon%20Gekko.jpg

27_laughing.gif

Aww...thanks for the compliment. cloud9.gif

Quote "I have a question?

What is the guy thinking who paid 1,799 for the PGX 10.0 double cover SW #8. Does he think he can sell it for 2,000 someday/more money than brains ."

I think the real answer is here that this gentleman thinks that he will crack the PGX case / press the comic and clean it up a bit and then submit it into CGC for the new grade of CGC - 10.2 With White Pages. Good luck to him on his quest!!! insane.gif