• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink grading?

13 posts in this topic

I was thinking of bidding on some of Comiclink's raw books tongue.gif. Unfortunately, there are no scans for raw books. My question is how is their grading? I remember reading about it not being that great but can't find the post. For example, is their NM going to come back at CGC 9.0/9.2 which is probably on par with most of the major dealers.

I've bought 2 raw books from Josh. One was a 9.4 and was an accurate grade, the other was a 9.6 but I didn't think it was over a 9.0. If I understand his site correctly, if he trusts someones grading then he lets them list raw books without actually having graded them himself. That could be a reason for some inconsistent grading, but I'm only judging on the basis of 2 books.

I would ask for a scan.

If he can't provide a scan, that means it's someone elses book, and he's taking their word on the grading. I would then stay away.

If he has the book and can scan it for you, then you should take a chance.

I asked for a scan and questions on the grade such as if it is the sellers' grading,etc. No answer from Josh. You think he would response better especially since I have bought some big books from him in the past. Anyone else have problems getting prompt responses?

I tried to consign some books through comiclink but they took forever and a day to respond so I went the ebay route and got the $$$ I wanted for them anyways. I just wanted to try them out, but oh well

I've heard that Josh never returns emails, it takes a month to get the books you've won and paid for, that it's hard to list books, etc. etc. He seems like a nice guy and has some amazing books, but his customer service skills are sorely lacking. (everytime I say "sorely" I think of the line from Ferris Buellers Day Off - "If Ferris thinks that he can just coast through this month and still graduate, he is sorely mistaken.")

"If Ferris thinks that he can just coast through this month and still graduate, he is sorely mistaken.")

Ed! You sounded like Dirty Harry just then!

Really? Thanks...Grace...