• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade my Amazing Adventures #1 (1961)

13 posts in this topic

I'd give it a 4.0, although it has pretty good eye appeal on the front cover. It looks like it has major problems on the back, and a split spine at the top.

I just checked and the spine is not split, that's just a ding.

Believe it or not the book is super glossy and has slightly off-white pages.

The scan really shows off the defects on the back of the book. I didn't even see the stain until it "showed up" on the scan!

If the spine isn't split, and the defects on the back aren't glaring, I could go with 4.5-5.0. The cover really looks nice!

I think the key to the grade is if the spine is "tight" or "floppy." To me, it looks like the book is pretty worn along the spine, but that's a guess based on the scan. The upper corner, even if not split, is very blunted, and it looks like the spine has a lot of wear. However, if the comic has a good solid, tight feel to it, then it's probably better than a VG.

Split the difference for the nice FC and go with 4.5 also.

One question, is it just the scan or printing method, or has someone taken a black marker and touched up the lines on the FC? I've never seen this one before, but the starkness of some of the black lines struck me.