• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CHICAGO Con

278 posts in this topic

More casual is Giordano's for Pizza.

Giordano's cloud9.gif

1792309-Giordano%5C%27s.JPG

I'm sorry--I don't know what the hell that is, but it aint pizza.

It's called Stuffed Pizza or Deep Dish Pizza....Chicago Style...to some it's the ONLY style.

Of course there are all those east coasters who think Pizza should be as thin as a sheet of paper...I don't know what the hell that is, but it ain't pizza. poke2.gif

Exactly.

I've had both and it's not even a contest. But hey...that thin *spoon* is ok if it's all you can afford. confused-smiley-013.gif

Not to pile on, but Paul is correct. Yes it has crust, sauce and cheese. But it appears as if the guy making it was stoned, and made it backwards and put the sauce on top. Not to mention made the crust out of pastry dough.(it's too sweet)

foreheadslap.gif

It isn't bad per say, but it ain't PIZZA.

It's a stuffed pizza. It has a bottom and a top layer of crust with the ingredients inside. gossip.gif

And isn't making a judgment on taste and dough content from a picture like trying to determine pressing from a scan? foreheadslap.gif

"Reader's Choice" Giordano's pizza is a must when in Chicago - Chicago Tribune

"The Ultimate Pizza" - The New York Times

"Silver Platter Award" (Every Year for the Past 10 Years)" - Food Industry News

This is the same restaurant that doesn't know what a Meatball is. Ask for meatball on your pizza and they throw chopped meat in it.

They're probably having a hard time understanding your east coast accent.

Next time just tell them you want "Bob" on your pizza and they'll figure it out. poke2.gif

3 months away, and I have to admit I am pretty excited about making the trip yay.gif

Who else is going? Can we get ideas from native Chicagoans what is near the convention center? Any good Greek establishments for dining and boozing?

Looking to buy losts of funny books, eat, drink and be merry for 3 days headbang.gifheadbang.gif

i maaaaay be coming. have not decided, but if i do, i'm looking forward to meeting all you knuckleheads...with a few exceptions

What's the name of the breakfast place in Chicago where they give you orange wedges and milk duds? They make omelets in individual little skillets and the food was great? I just can't remember the name.

Lou Mitchell's. My favorite breakfast place.

What's the name of the breakfast place in Chicago where they give you orange wedges and milk duds? They make omelets in individual little skillets and the food was great? I just can't remember the name.

You're treating in June 2008 cloud9.gif

You're treating in June 2008 cloud9.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

BINGO - thanks!! I was there 10 years ago, and I still remember how good it was... 893applaud-thumb.gif

Any good burger joints close to the con??

Bah. You come to Chicago and get a beef, hot dog or deep dish. You can get a good burger anywhere. poke2.gif

But only in Chi-town can you get a Hackney-burger. Plus, the mound (mountain?) of onion rings is to die for!

Hackneys

Any good burger joints close to the con??

Bah. You come to Chicago and get a beef, hot dog or deep dish. You can get a good burger anywhere. poke2.gif

But only in Chi-town can you get a Hackney-burger. Plus, the mound (mountain?) of onion rings is to die for!

Hackneys

Hackney's in Lake Zurich is/was a hangout for slacker high schoolers all across the northwest suburbs. Fabulous! burgers.

But, none of that matters. Go to the most amazing and strangest restaurant in the world - Bob Chinn's in Wheeling.

3 months away, and I have to admit I am pretty excited about making the trip yay.gif

Who else is going? Can we get ideas from native Chicagoans what is near the convention center? Any good Greek establishments for dining and boozing?

Looking to buy losts of funny books, eat, drink and be merry for 3 days headbang.gifheadbang.gif

i maaaaay be coming. have not decided, but if i do, i'm looking forward to meeting all you knuckleheads...with a few exceptions

yay.gif

MK said you could have his bed and he would sleep on the floor.

Bought my tix the other night $180 roundtrip. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

yay.gif

27_laughing.gif

yeah, flights are pretty cheap...relatively speaking. thanks for the offer, but i already have something lined up. flowerred.gif if i decide to make the trip. confused-smiley-013.gif

yay.gif

27_laughing.gif

yeah, flights are pretty cheap...relatively speaking. thanks for the offer, but i already have something lined up. flowerred.gif if i decide to make the trip. confused-smiley-013.gif

popcorn.gif