• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bound books

7 posts in this topic

I picked up some books about five years ago that I have no idea where they come from. The most interesting (sorry I have no scan) is a cloth bound (spine) set of three DC books. The front and back cover are cardboard and blank on the inside (the original comic covers are glued on which explains why the insides are blank..) The three books are:

All star squadron 59

Star Trek #44

Superman #11

The star trek and superman are the real comics with the covers trimmed to fit the binding.

Were these a foreign issue?

Has anybody seen these before?

I also have a Batman #379 and a Superman #382 with original covers glued onto cardboard.

The front and back cover are cardboard and blank on the inside (the original comic covers are glued on which explains why the insides are blank..)

Pardon my obtuseness but I am really not following exactly what that means. :sorry.gif: frown.gif

Cardboard with the normal comic cover glued on. As a result the inside of the cover is now glued face down on the cardboard leaving the inside of the cardboard blank.

Thanks Mushroom. My mind tends to go blank visualizing such a thang! ::shudder::

Back in the 80's I was working at Lotus Development on 1-2-3. A friend there also liked comics but was married etc. and did not have much $$$. I had a spare Silver Surfer #1 in midgrade I gave him, 'cause SS was his favorite. Well, he had it in his office. A couple of days later it was found outside his ofice on a table next to a paper cutter, with the entire book having been chopped into three pieces. We never could figure that one out.

A couple of days later it was found outside his ofice on a table next to a paper cutter, with the entire book having been chopped into three pieces. We never could figure that one out.

Young Bill Gates? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Most insightful! I was working on 1-2-3 for DOS. And the mantra around Microsoft in those days was "DOS ain't done until Lotus won''t run!"