• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Grading...

7 posts in this topic

This may have been answered previously ....and I don't feel like searching...but how well does Heritage grade their "raw" comics???.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I am interested in some of their books and I would appreciate any insight... wink.gif

I bought a Top-Notch Comics #9 that they listed as an apparent VG. Well, all pages had been completely split 100 percent and repaired with archival tape, in heavy doses. Some parts of the outer pages had broken off due to the brittleness. They hadn't listed this in their auction description, which bothered me for a key golden age comic (Intro & First App. The Black Hood).

Good news is they refunded it 100 percent, with absolutely no hassle at all! cloud9.gif

I bought an ASM #23 on eBay that they graded F/VF. When I got it, it looked like it might be a bit less than that. I sent it to CGC and it came back F (6.0). They would have refunded my purchase price, but I would have been out the CGC fees. So I flipped it on eBay and ended up making a whole $4.52 off of the thing.

If I had sent it back to Heritage, I would have lost money, so I can't complain about the result.

I'm just a bit wary of their grading.