• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All-Star Batman and Robin the Boy Wonder #5 Tuesday

31 posts in this topic

It may be unreadable, but you should see Jim's panels in this issue. This has to be his best work on this series so far. thumbsup2.gif

Yeah, I'm going to have to agree with you on this one. Nice artwork- especially with Batman. The others were okay. You know what? I even thought the idea of making the Justice League as a sort of underground group, policing up it's own as an interesting spin. No problem there. But the dialogue?!? I mean, I almost wonder if Miller was scribblling notes for this issue while focusing on his "300" movie? This was really disappointing.

I'll still finish the series off, but man, bit of a let down. Let the "I told you so's" commence. foreheadslap.gif

I'm really digging this book. The dialog is just SO bad that it's great. Batman is crazy - "I love being the Batman!" Wonder Woman HATES men and says so over and over again. Every character just acts tough, and does it really poorly. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard reading a Batman comic before - and that's a good thing for this book.

-Bob

I'm really digging this book. The dialog is just SO bad that it's great. Batman is crazy - "I love being the Batman!" Wonder Woman HATES men and says so over and over again. Every character just acts tough, and does it really poorly. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard reading a Batman comic before - and that's a good thing for this book.

-Bob

893naughty-thumb.gif Now you have gone and done it. This was supposed to be a well guarded secert,

Franks little jab at those that thought he was a wash-out ,but NNNNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

you had to tell the world makepoint.gif Well I hope you are happy Mr. WOXL, you just gave it

all away. 893censored-thumb.gifsign-rantpost.gif

gossip.gifJust kidding, I think it is funny too. grin.gif

Yeah... I hear what you're saying, but I just didn't feel the first couple issues were quite as over the top as this most recent offering. If it was more consistent, then I'd probably say you're right. As is, it just feels like it hasn't been as well-developed. But, every title has a bad issue here or there- let's hope #6 is both more timely and a little more thought out with the writing.

Yeah, I really hope the next issue comes out with a lot less lag than this. Supposedly, DC was waiting for Jim Lee to finish up with a bunch of issues before publishing this one. Maybe we'll see the next issue in a couple of months then 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

How do you think this whole thing is going to be tied together? I guess it's been written for a 6-issue trade but there's going to have to be a ton of plotline resolution for it to make much sense. Maybe it'll work better as 12 issues?

-Bob

Just read ASB&R #5...what a piece of garbage!! Artwork is nice as usual,but the writing isn't getting better, it's getting worse and Batman has totally lost his mind,If I see one more "gotta save the girl from being raped/mugged ect.." I'm going to scream...You can tell it's slowly building up for a huge battle of some sort...the is going to hit the fan in a few issues though, it'll be basically the JLA Vs Batman with Robin caught in the middle,10 bucks Batman beats each and everyone of them...watch,it'll happen.