• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need Help Figuring Out a Price

6 posts in this topic

I'm not sure how specific about this to be, but I'm looking to buy the cover to a book from Image. (From a 3-issue mini they recently put out.)

The artist actually hadn't considered that the art might be sold before talking with me, and doesn't have an idea about price. The problem is I don't either. The cover is mostly black, but the blacks were done in Photoshop, so the image itself isn't really huge or complex. What is the going rate for covers of books?

If someone is willing to help, I wouldn't mind PMing more details with the actual cover name. I really need help so I make a fair/reasonable offer, but I also don't want to post too too many specifics until I've actually obtained the piece.

Hoping y'all understand.

Thanks I PMed back.

Guys, I know my post is vague. I just don't want to put too much info out there publicly at this time. But again, all thoughts are appreciated as this will be my first published OA purchase.

You're doing the right thing by not revealing too much information. The last thing you want is bring too much attention to the art and have someone else try and snag it.