• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Beautiful but dangerous, Femme Fatale covers, suggestions wanted

83 posts in this topic

I posted in the General Forum in the "What are you collecting thread" that I am trying to collect pre-code books with covers of femme fatales. Fitting with my enjoyment of film noir, I am looking for dangerous women, women with guns, knives, or generally looking malicious.

I like the noir feel so I am trying to keep it "reality" based, so I am ruling out sci-fi, jungle, superhero covers. For example, although Catwoman has some cool cover appearances, she doesn't count for this list.

After doing some research via Comics.org I have managed to create a list of about 55 books, but October in a few minutes has given me a few suggestions I didn't have and suggested I post here asking for your input.

I do have Crimes by Women on my list, various covers from Headline Comics, Crime Does not Pay, Gangsters & Gun Molls, Prison Break, Fight against Crime.

I recently picked up Murder Incoporated #1, which I hope to post a scan of later. Any suggestions are appreciated. I hope to have fun hunting these in Wiz Chicago.

Spirit #22. PM CW on these boards. He can probably set you up with one. It's all downhill after that.

1796458-spirit22.jpg

1796458-spirit22.jpg.cefe55783037123b36ef86f5fee2f0d5.jpg

Edited by seank

OOH! My favorite.

I am looking for dangerous women, women with guns, knives, or generally looking malicious.

Here are my three suggestions (and personal favorites).

DSCN1949jpg.jpg

Sorry for stretching the screen but these girls are worth it. Add Spirit #20-22 to your list.

Spirit #22. PM CW on these boards. He can probably set you up with one. It's all downhill after that.

1796458-spirit22.jpg

hehe, I recognize that copy. popcorn.gif Looks better in person.

OOH! My favorite.

I am looking for dangerous women, women with guns, knives, or generally looking malicious.

DSCN1949jpg.jpg

Sorry for stretching the screen but these girls are worth it. Add Spirit #20-22 to your list.

You can stretch it any time you want with these books. I really cloud9.gif # 20 (after 22 of course).

OOH! My favorite.

DSCN1949jpg.jpg

Those are absolutely fantastic... I now must have those on the list, especially #22.

This one seems to qualify for the category of "women looking malicious"...the guy falling is her husband, but she's definitely not taking it too hard.

1796892-shock10sm.jpg

1796892-shock10sm.jpg.8d9619bd6b205732e3f9c1d43d89c91c.jpg

Here's one....

PERECT CRIME #30

690_4_030.jpg

Metro has one for sale.... gossip.gif

Metropolis Website - Go to bottom of page and click on the book

I saw that one from Metro and I was tempted 893scratchchin-thumb.gif. I think I am going to hold of buying until Wiz Chicago. Metro has several of the issues I want but most of the ones they have are the uber copy. I am finding either beaters or the best known, most glorious pedigreed example ever made. I am usually a mid-grade collector. It depends how much I like the cover or how hard it is to find if I'll buy these in very high grade or settle on a beater. My quest has just begun!! acclaim.gif

I ended up buying Murder Incorporated #1 from Metro at F+. It was at guide and I was happy with that. I'll post it tonight.

Here's a cool Femme Fatale cover...

"She's got legs...and knows how to use them!"

261825157_42f91e574b_b.jpg

GE

Oh yes thumbsup2.gif, that whole series is on my list.

This one seems to qualify for the category of "women looking malicious"...the guy falling is her husband, but she's definitely not taking it too hard.

1796892-shock10sm.jpg

893applaud-thumb.gif

Love it, want it, will get it. Great suggestion.

So you are going to pass on that Perfect Crime? I am tempted too. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I don't want to but I might have to for now. My wife might kill me if I buy another 3 figure book already. Last month I bought a Planet 44, because I love that cover, and Murder Inc. I think I have to sit on it for little while.

So you are going to pass on that Perfect Crime? I am tempted too. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I don't want to but I might have to for now. My wife might kill me if I buy another 3 figure book already. Last month I bought a Planet 44, because I love that cover, and Murder Inc. I think I have to sit on it for little while.

I really don't have the money for it either. Maybe I will sell some stuff to cover it. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You should post scans of the books you have. A lot of cool crime covers are easily overlooked in the Gerber guides.