• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NY Post Article on Mary Jane Statue

88 posts in this topic

no outrage against the recent emma frost statue by sideshow and that is IMO much more scandlous. maybe MJ is just better known with the movies, etc.

From the article is seemed like people were more upset over the "Laundry" than they were the Boobaliciousness.

C

maybe MJ is just better known with the movies, etc

-------------------------

No "maybe" about it. Everyone at the table knew who MJ is and they were all 35-45 years old and only 1 of them had male children.

no outrage against the recent emma frost statue by sideshow and that is IMO much more scandlous. maybe MJ is just better known with the movies, etc.

Now, George, you can't make a post like that without showing us the Emma statue. 893naughty-thumb.gifjuggle.gifpopcorn.gif

Now, George, you can't make a post like that without showing us the Emma statue. 893naughty-thumb.gifjuggle.gifpopcorn.gif

popcorn.gif

emma1.jpg

I'm buying it.

btw, what the hell is a comiquette?

combinaton of the words comic and coquette? confused-smiley-013.gif

captain%20obvious.jpg

your insolence is tiresome gossip.gifpoke2.gif

Your ignorance is understandable.
i haven't displayed ignorance thus far, but thanks for reminding me of why i don't post much anymore thumbsup2.gif

Should I have EliteGirl post some more, so that you grow a spine?

nah... its my own fault for answering your pointless question... i won't repeat that error smirk.gif

Does this mean I won't be receiving any Hello Kitty undies?

893whatthe.gif Again I came back against my better judgement and yes Greggy I am now dumb and blind. Maybe if I visit this thread again tomorrow I can add deaf.

emma1.jpg

And I wish I could find the "rear view" of this statue. She is wearing the most extreme thong possible....in the words of one fan.."It's like her cheeks actually ate her underwear"

C

these statues make me feel not good about the hobby. having a half-naked statue of a comic book character in the house would be a good real woman repellent i would think.

now if they only made an MJ statue where she was in a bikini, playing Yu-Gi-Oh or something, they could complete the geek-fecta

Emmas boobs are huge

duh!

it's Hughes. he's never met a female form he couldn't twist completely out of reality.

Actually, I have watching his artistic progression over the years and he is extremely adept at capturing a sort of feminine essence that if not realisitic is at least "naturalistic". "Twist completely out of reality" is not an accurate description of his art from my experience. They may be the very height of feminine physical potential, but that's as far as I go.

And try to remember...these are sculpts interpreted from his original pieces....they are not faithful line by line recreations of his work.

C

these statues make me feel not good about the hobby. having a half-naked statue of a comic book character in the house would be a good real woman repellent i would think.

now if they only made an MJ statue where she was in a bikini, playing Yu-Gi-Oh or something, they could complete the geek-fecta

I'm on the same page. It's not the prude factor -- it's more the fact that this kind of stuff reinforces every slobbering, sweaty-palm, middle-age dork stereotype.

foreheadslap.gif

Moreover, the blatant sexualization of what was once relatively innocent comic book characters just seems wrong, IMO. I guess I just don't see my comic collection or statues intersecting with the sexual part of my persona.

confused-smiley-013.gif