• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NY Post Article on Mary Jane Statue

88 posts in this topic

these statues make me feel not good about the hobby. having a half-naked statue of a comic book character in the house would be a good real woman repellent i would think.

now if they only made an MJ statue where she was in a bikini, playing Yu-Gi-Oh or something, they could complete the geek-fecta

I'm on the same page. It's not the prude factor -- it's more the fact that this kind of stuff reinforces every slobbering, sweaty-palm, middle-age dork stereotype.

foreheadslap.gif

Moreover, the blatant sexualization of what was once relatively innocent comic book characters just seems wrong, IMO. I guess I just don't see my comic collection or statues intersecting with the sexual part of my persona.

confused-smiley-013.gif

I agree.

Dennis

hello all...

just a note, I spoke to my sideshow rep today...she believes she can get me 3 more of these added to my order...we discount them 15% off retail...if anyone wants to purchase one, please pm and we can make some potential arrangements...I am presold out of my initial order, but I was told I should be able to get these extra 3

gator rick

***Update***ok, at this point, I have to cut off the requests...I think the first 3 folks that sent PM are going to be firm, I have pm'd back to the others after first 3...thanks