• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

QUESTION ABOUT SHILLING? (((POLL)))

51 posts in this topic

RDogg, Correct me if I'm wrong. What you're doing is NOT shilling, which is by MY definition, an attempt to bump any headroom out of a legitimate lead bidder's high bid on an item and make him pay more for it. You're talking about simply making a "bookmark" bid. A bid that won't come anywhere near winning it in 99% of the cases, but will let you TRACK IT easily by accessing your Search: as a Bidder: RDogg : Current bid Ebay icons, if your auction watch 20 book register is full. Ebay will also send you a bid confirm email as a reminder along with a "no longer the highest bid" email as a double reminder if you get distracted. Am I right? If so, this is NOT shilling at all.

Well in my case, I checked the box letting ebay know that I don't want to be emailed if I am outbid because my inbox would be full! tongue.gif I don't see it as shilling either, and I believe 99% of the board members would agree. Thanks for the comment laugh.gif

I'd rather give her something for free (she's a very good friend) than have her buy it

Do you guys have a special arrangement? And can I come over to watch? wink.gif

This post got me all hot and bothered...whew....cue in the 70's love track..bam chika waka waka... grin.gif

If Joanna reprimands me I'll remove previous post out of respect for her. But, oh how I love special arrangements...ahem... grin.gif Then I'll suggest a nice form of punishment where she can get dressed up like a ....oh there I go again...stop me now...it's uncontrollable!!!! grin.gif

OK, aren't you guys in the coin section talking about crossing over from different services? Maybe you are a comic guy or not as bright as I gave you credit for! tongue.gif

OK, aren't you guys in the coin section talking about crossing over from different services?

Yessss, we were. And just what were you doing in the coin section? Huh? I am not sure I like you sniffing around the coin section smile.gif I intend to keep the coin section and the comic section very separate. I can act like a insufficiently_thoughtful_person over here, but I have to act all serious and stuff over there. I can't be having you guys see that side of me smile.gif

Maybe you are a comic guy or not as bright as I gave you credit for!

If you gave me ANY credit for being bright, then you missed the boat. Like I said ... I am STOOOOOPID smile.gif

Phil

Hey, I read the nonsense that happens in the coin board and the water cooler. Where else am I gonna go when I get bored with the constant repeititive posts here? The sportcards section? Holy christ, maybe we should end it for them! frown.gif