• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TPB Recommendations?

44 posts in this topic

A book I never hear mentioned around here is Powers.

I'm in the middle of reading Powers' tpb's 1-9 and it's really really good. Best story I've read since Preacher a couple years ago and the Oeming art is great. Say what you want about Bendis' jacking up the Marvel U, but he can tell crime stories and his dialogue is the best in the biz.

For Kids:

Pakkins' Land TPBs Hard to find but well worth it. Stories are great for all ages!

Horror:

Obergeist: Ragnarok Highway TPB Voted best Horror comic in 2004 for a damn good reason! Read it!

Teens:

Any Madman TPBs. Quirky characters with cool storylines.

That's my two cents.

I love Fables, but that's been mentioned. American Virgin is good, but not much of an in-and-outer.

But, thinking classically, I can't read the Harbinger TPB enough times. It's just good stuff. And, if you can find it, the Magnus Steel Nation TPB is awesome!

But, as new TPBs go, I also can't get enough of Hawkman. (Just can't help myself)