• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America #253 Question...

22 posts in this topic

On my quest for recapturing books I loved as a kid, Cap #253 was high on my list. I have now looked at about 10 copies, and every single one has this smudging & miswrap problem. Do they exist without them? I finally broke down & spent $5 on this copy becuase its structurally a 9.0/9.2. Anyone seen one without the problem? Please excuse my lazy "Through the Bag" scan

1805078-cap253.jpg

1805078-cap253.jpg.72bbedbe7916eddc911e97241d07e425.jpg

Mine isn't miswrapped and there's only a slight ink smudge by the cap logo, but it has a printer's crease going halfway across the FC; it's still a solid 9.4, though.

thanks for all the input guys! I guess I'll just be happy with this one. It is still a fun book, and man, since i have been rereading these "Nostalgia" books, the one thing I keep being stunned by is it actually can take 20 minutes to read one! A modern will gernerally be over in 3-5 minutes. Amazing, the density of value you used to get...

thanks for all the input guys! I guess I'll just be happy with this one. It is still a fun book, and man, since i have been rereading these "Nostalgia" books, the one thing I keep being stunned by is it actually can take 20 minutes to read one! A modern will gernerally be over in 3-5 minutes. Amazing, the density of value you used to get...

Great point, I usually flip through most moderns in a matter of minutes and the action is typically choppy at best, story line too wordy (Bendis trademark) and not much excitement either. The Baron Blood story for example is classic stuff.

Hey guys.

This is off-topic but it is Cap--I'm wondering if you could help me find an issue of Cap around this time? Cap ends up either being turned back into a little boy or an old man (can't remember which), by some crazy woman (or women). I'm 99% positive it was during the 200-300 run, I read this book over and over again when I was about 11 years old, but I don't collect Caps over 193 so I've never found the book again.

I always wanted to see Cap get those broads back, so I'm looking for (I think), the last story from the run.

Anyone know?

Thanks,

Jay

Hey guys.

This is off-topic but it is Cap--I'm wondering if you could help me find an issue of Cap around this time? Cap ends up either being turned back into a little boy or an old man (can't remember which), by some crazy woman (or women). I'm 99% positive it was during the 200-300 run, I read this book over and over again when I was about 11 years old, but I don't collect Caps over 193 so I've never found the book again.

I always wanted to see Cap get those broads back, so I'm looking for (I think), the last story from the run.

Anyone know?

Thanks,

Jay

Jay,

Cap gets turned into an old man in a storyline that runs from #290 to 301. The women in that storyline are the Sisters of Sin. Pretty solid story, written by J.M. Dematties (sp?). These issues are immediately after the Deathlok storline & right after Secret Wars. Hope that helps & good luck!

On my quest for recapturing books I loved as a kid, Cap #253 was high on my list. I have now looked at about 10 copies, and every single one has this smudging & miswrap problem. Do they exist without them? I finally broke down & spent $5 on this copy becuase its structurally a 9.0/9.2. Anyone seen one without the problem? Please excuse my lazy "Through the Bag" scan

Matt,

Your post made me break out the ol' Cap collection. Yep - my 253 has a miswrap similar to yours & the ink/bindary roller mark is in a similar area on that miswrap. I love the Cap run in the 200's - there are some excellent stories & art.

Sterling - I think you'd enjoy Cap 253 & 254. A very nice look at horror & costumed heroes in the Marvel Universe. Baron Blood truly is scary in this story. AND you get to see some of Marvel's great old Invaders!

Because of this short Byrne run, I remember buying my Cap #100 when it was on sale at the local LCS back in the day. Sadly, my Captain America collection never took off much from there. A collecting "flash in the pan". 27_laughing.gif