• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BENDIS IN TORONTO

30 posts in this topic

Went last night. Did a number of Signature Series books for Humberto Ramos and Pat Lee. Bendis was there, but his line was too big.

You bought CGC Sig series books or Represented CGC while watchins the autographs?

Went last night. Did a number of Signature Series books for Humberto Ramos and Pat Lee. Bendis was there, but his line was too big.

You bought CGC Sig series books or Represented CGC while watchins the autographs?

I was actually there as a witness to the signings. There were a couple of people who were "deputized" to be witnesses. That was a lot of fun. Got to see Dale Keown again, and meet some really nice people including Francisco Herrera, Ed McGuiness, Ian Churchill as well as some local talent who were great to talk to.

There were around 200 or so books that have been signed so far (only about 35 for me). More will be done tomorrow. I think I might be taking the day off though to be with my family.

There weren't nearly as many people there as in the previous years, which made lining up a whole lot easier. I did get lucky with a couple of people where I didn't have to line up for long at all. All of the guests were very pleasant to talk to and fan friendly.

Bruce Jones was a no-show, although I'm not really sure that he intended to go from the rumours going around.

Unfortunetly, I did not get much of chance to walk around the floor to see what everyone was selling frown.gif as it was pretty busy with the line-ups. I did manage to get a few sketches though for my personal collection.

That's it for now, my bed is a callin'

BOB (aka Alex)

I was actually there as a witness to the signings. There were a couple of people who were "deputized" to be witnesses. That was a lot of fun. Got to see Dale Keown again, and meet some really nice people including Francisco Herrera, Ed McGuiness, Ian Churchill as well as some local talent who were great to talk to.

There were around 200 or so books that have been signed so far (only about 35 for me). More will be done tomorrow. I think I might be taking the day off though to be with my family.

There weren't nearly as many people there as in the previous years, which made lining up a whole lot easier. I did get lucky with a couple of people where I didn't have to line up for long at all. All of the guests were very pleasant to talk to and fan friendly.

Bruce Jones was a no-show, although I'm not really sure that he intended to go from the rumours going around.

Unfortunetly, I did not get much of chance to walk around the floor to see what everyone was selling frown.gif as it was pretty busy with the line-ups. I did manage to get a few sketches though for my personal collection.

BOB (aka Alex)

How does one get deputized?

Bendis is a great guy... He's at all the Portland shows, since duh, he lives here now... He's still very surprised by his own fame. You can see him wince a little when folks start comparing him to the writers that he looks up to. Very down-to-earth...

I really don't understand the idea of getting stuff signed, especially for resale. A signature is a nice souvenir of having met someone, but the meeting them is far more important to me than the proof of it. And the concept of buying proof that someone else met him... that's just odd...

I will admit that among my prized possessions are a signed first edition Ian Fleming, a signed first edition Asimov, and a signed first edition Heinlein... so call me a hypocrite if you like... tongue.gif Maybe it's a function of the person being deceased, I don't know... I know I wouldn't mind owning a signed Bert Christman...

If anybody wants some stuff signed by Bendis, let me know. His lines in Portland are usually quite reasonable, and I always have lackeys around who can go wait in line for me... I can't guarantee the Goth Princess won't lick your books while she's waiting, but that's a risk you take... blush.gif

BOB (aka Alex)

Basically I signed a contract with CGC (through Paradise Comics).

BOB (aka Alex)

Basically I signed a contract with CGC (through Paradise Comics).

What does it pay?

Free Submissions?

Can I becoemone? smile.gif

CGC witnesses do not get paid.

Kev

No payment. But you get to meet a lot of writers and artists, which is pretty cool. When I get a chance I will post some of the sketches I picked up from the show.

So its a volunteer thing?

Cool...

Where do I sign up?