• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF #48

16 posts in this topic

Hi. I just got back into comic collecting after a 20+ year hiatus, a result of the enjoyment I got unpacking my books when I shipped them from my childhood home to my current home. However, when I unpacked the boxes, I noticed a crease (arghhh) in my beautiful copy of FF 48 - in the right upper corner of the cover, not present previously. Can you please give me an idea of the grade?

1805140-ff48.jpg.389fc2f25833028ee9c3466d9b7e57cd.jpg

The crease is kind of big to be a VFNM, but the book is pretty nice otherwise. I'd call it a VF++, but I'd really need to see the back cover.

I've seen books with small creases like that grade as high as 9.2, so in all reality based on the front scan a 9.0 is a likely grade and a 9.2 is not out of the question confused-smiley-013.gif

I've seen books with small creases like that grade as high as 9.2, so in all reality based on the front scan a 9.0 is a likely grade and a 9.2 is not out of the question confused-smiley-013.gif

I agree... based on the front.. you have a 9.2 as long as there are no impact dents or heavy creases on the back cover. thumbsup2.gif

Yeah, if only it hadn't broken the color you'd have a 9.0 VF/NM. As is, a solid 8.5 VF+

Wow... I always forget that the Watcher was a little "husky" when he first came out. grin.gif

Given today's artistic trends, I suppose the Watcher is ripped these days. screwy.gif

I never understood why characters who have some sort of cosmic or supernatural power need to look like roid monsters. confused-smiley-013.gif