• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DD#30 Sold as 9.4

28 posts in this topic

5.0 sounds about right.

I don't see enough damage to warrant a 5.0

I'd say 6.0

IMO, the accumulation of the top edge crease, URC crease, right thumb crease and bottom edge crescent crease keep it out of 6.0.

Maybe a 6.0 with one or two of those creases, but four?

5.0 sounds about right.

I'd say 6.0

IMO, the accumulation of the top edge crease, URC crease, right thumb crease and bottom edge crescent crease keep it out of 6.0.

Yeah.....you're right. Looking over it again, I can't call that book a Fine. BC is nice..... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

5.5 sumo.gif

I would opine that the creases along the spine of the BC are actually more like tearing/splitting. That, combined with the FC woes brings it to a 4.0, with 4.5 being the highest I would go on it.

Don't want to rub salt in the wound, but you paid $40 for a $7 book. frown.gif

I'd firmly ask for a full refund.

As a word of warning going forward, stay away from auctions with scans this small and cropped edges.

Sellers response

I contacted Ebay directly and was informed I no longer have to communicate with you about this auction.

An Ebay Representative Paul SM) said if my policy is no returns/refunds, then I may stick to that

policy. This is my last email regarding this. Last question; what did you do; fold up the book, wrinkle

it, tear it, bend it, stain it, write on it? What action did you take so that what was once a very

nice condition book now 'looks' the way you want it to, so you can get your money back?

Neg him now - but keep it straightforward - negs with statements like - "Seller is a THIEF!" or "Scam Artist!" tend to look like sour grapes to a third party. A statement like

"Seller sells VG/F as NM and crops scans" with a link to to this thread should do the trick.

5.0 sounds about right.

I'd say 6.0

Yes. I disagree. A 5.0 is too harsh. grin.gif But hey, you don't know how to read large scans . . . poke2.gif

Now THIS . . . is a scream! grin.gif

Sellers response

I contacted Ebay directly and was informed I no longer have to communicate with you about this auction.

An Ebay Representative Paul SM) said if my policy is no returns/refunds, then I may stick to that

policy. This is my last email regarding this. Last question; what did you do; fold up the book, wrinkle

it, tear it, bend it, stain it, write on it? What action did you take so that what was once a very

nice condition book now 'looks' the way you want it to, so you can get your money back?