• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trophy Wall Art Day! Kevin Nowlan on BIZARRO

13 posts in this topic

With a thanks to Drunken Randy (or Chicken Man Randy if you prefer) for introducing me to Kevin Nowlan.

Kevin and I discussed the commission possibilities and he liked the

overall theme...once we settled on Bizarro as a main character it all

came together.

Bizarro's Trophy Wall

Kevin is a true professional and one of the kindest and most patient

people I have ever worked with. I would not hesitate to work with him

again if he would give me the pleasure of doing so.

To demonstrate the work he went thru I put up a gallery of the

preliminary piece Kevin did to get to this final piece.

Bizarro Am Like Prelims

Thanks for taking a peek, let me know what you think or if you have

any suggestions for artists or characters I have not yet hit that

deserve their own trophy wall. ;-)

Best,

Chris Caira

www.hulk-smash.com

I still think think the Muppets one is the best,not better than the Bolland though since it's in a class by itself.

Muppets is my own personal twisted favorite because it is the one trophy wall of a guy who might actually have a trophy wall.

He spent the better part of 9 seasons trying to cook and eat everyone else on the show....it must have been like living next door to dahmer.

C

Lucky son of a ....man, that's nice! I love Nowlan's work and I can tell he really took his time with this one. I'm a big Bizarro fan too, so this is one of my favs..Nothing'll ever beat that Brase, but this is awesome!

Very nice!

I still like the Brase one the best, even better than the Bolland. The detail and hatching on Nightmare and the stone behind him are just incredible. Do you know how long he spent on it? It's one of the most impressive pieces of comic art I have ever seen. Seriously.

Very nice!

I still like the Brase one the best, even better than the Bolland. The detail and hatching on Nightmare and the stone behind him are just incredible. Do you know how long he spent on it? It's one of the most impressive pieces of comic art I have ever seen. Seriously.

He worked on it oover 14 months.

I can't say how much he worked on it.

The inking process took the better part of the last 4 months.

If I had to guess about solid time working on it it has to be over a month.

C

So...if he spent a solid month working on it...and assuming he charges the equivalent of one of my month's wages --

Holy cow! That must have cost over $500!

I do believe he has raised his commission rates a tad since he took mine on....he might have done the math and figured out that he won't be able to finish many more commissions if he starves to death.

Chris