• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Time to ride the NEW Trolley!...a little something for everyone

209 posts in this topic

Marnin is a very reputable dealer. Here is his latest offerimg of 'raw' unrestored books 893applaud-thumb.gif

http://www.collectorsassemble.com/auctio...6a7cc2b8302fa0d

I started my Detroit Trolley Memorial Day weekend shopping spree with this "Classic Cover" mid-grade brightly colored gem: ( oh yeah......off-white to white pages too! gossip.gif)

1814156-AllAmericanComics-21-5.JPG

Steve

1814156-AllAmericanComics-21-5.JPG.25b8a83aca46db9b9dc0b7f5808b1b2b.JPG

I was contemplating the Hit 7 and 8, but they were gone in a flash. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif

You lookin' at me, kid? You lookin' at me...?

(I also picked up the Hit 9 and Jungle 17) yay.gifyay.gif

STEVE

Steve, you have a sharp eye - that AA21 is a great looking book for the grade/price.

Whomever snagged the Pep 17 also gets a thumbsup2.gif - sweet copy of a very tough book.

STEVE

Marnin is a very reputable dealer. Here is his latest offerimg of 'raw' unrestored books 893applaud-thumb.gif

I started my Detroit Trolley Memorial Day weekend shopping spree with this "Classic Cover" mid-grade brightly colored gem: ( oh yeah......off-white to white pages too! gossip.gif)

Steve

one great looking funny book steve; congrats.

I was contemplating the Hit 7 and 8, but they were gone in a flash. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif

STEVE

NICE pick ups, two Steves(Showcase-4 and Sacentaur)! And thanks to Steve Showcase-4 for bringing this to our attention.... what a fantastic auction.

Would have bought the AMAN #5 in a snap if I didn't own one, but I did get in on the fun... picked up the JUNGLE #3 (inspired by Sacentaur's copy he recently sold), and out of curiousity, picked up the PEP #9 (don't own any PEP's, it fit the 1939-1940 collecting range, and it has a truly great cover). Great prices I thought on most books in this auction!

Some really rare GREAT books... Silver Streak #6, Marvel #5, AMAN #5 ... absolutely fantastic array of books!!

STEVE

frustrated.gif

Sweet bunch of books. hail.gif

Steve

Awesome book Steve thumbsup2.gif

I was considering the jumbo #29 last night but thought I would sleep on it..... frustrated.gif It just got picked up....well u snooze u loose right? confused-smiley-013.gif

Steve

Love that book 1814650-ComicScan0345.JPG

1814650-ComicScan0345.JPG.bdc1db70bcd272a20e8f6ca270feb979.JPG

[... picked up the JUNGLE #3 (inspired by Sacentaur's copy he recently sold), and out of curiousity, picked up the PEP #9 (don't own any PEP's, it fit the 1939-1940 collecting range, and it has a truly great cover).

Two good calls, Ryan - of course, you'll get Fletcher Hanks 'Fantomah' in Jungle 3, and Pep 9 is an all around great book (one of my favs, and a classic cover to boot - I have the Allentown copy).

Well done... 893applaud-thumb.gif

STEVE

Wow, nice pickups Steve! You were on quite a little spree. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Some nice books in this latest batch. I'm saving up my nickels for the next round of Detroit Trolley's though, because it's supposed to include one my grails. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

[... picked up the JUNGLE #3 (inspired by Sacentaur's copy he recently sold), and out of curiousity, picked up the PEP #9 (don't own any PEP's, it fit the 1939-1940 collecting range, and it has a truly great cover).

Two good calls, Ryan - of course, you'll get Fletcher Hanks 'Fantomah' in Jungle 3, and Pep 9 is an all around great book (one of my favs, and a classic cover to boot - I have the Allentown copy).

Well done... 893applaud-thumb.gif

STEVE

thanks Steve... the PEP seemed like a nice book to have... it was the clear choice in order to reach the minimum order amount.

question for Theagenes: is Marnin Rosenberg conducting the next round of Detroit Trolley auctions as well? Better save those dimes...

question for Theagenes: is Marnin Rosenberg conducting the next round of Detroit Trolley auctions as well? Better save those dimes...

Yes, but I'm not sure when it will be.

Edit: Congats on your pickups too, Ryan! That Jungle 3 is cool! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Yes, but I'm not sure when it will be.

Edit: Congats on your pickups too, Ryan! That Jungle 3 is cool! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks for letting me know... I'm registered on his site, hopefully that will insure i get the announcements.

I am very excited about the JUNGLE #3! Looking forward to the Fletcher Hanks whacked-out story! I probably would have picked up that sweet Pterodactyl cover JUNGLE issue if Steve hadn't picked it up!! What a beaut!