• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Time to ride the NEW Trolley!...a little something for everyone

209 posts in this topic

does cgc recognize this collection?

not as a pedigree....

rick

well, that's one i don't have to get.

but marnin issues a nice COA confused-smiley-013.gif

not as a pedigree....

rick

does it come on a NOD or ENHANCEMENT FREE letterhead?

not as a pedigree....

rick

does it come on a NOD or ENHANCEMENT FREE letterhead?

nope, but it is lamenated!

Marnin is a very reputable dealer. Here is his latest offerimg of 'raw' unrestored books 893applaud-thumb.gif

http://www.collectorsassemble.com/auctio...6a7cc2b8302fa0d

I started my Detroit Trolley Memorial Day weekend shopping spree with this "Classic Cover" mid-grade brightly colored gem: ( oh yeah......off-white to white pages too! gossip.gif)

Nice! Congrats to all you guys who picked up books!

Some great early Peps for sale there. I forced myself to pass, but damn, I was mighty tempted. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

[does it come on a NOD or ENHANCEMENT FREE letterhead?

nope, but it is lamenated!

I lament my lack of lamenated COA. Maybe if I had a laminectomy, my lamentations wouldn't sound so lame.

sign-funnypost.gif

I was considering the jumbo #29 last night but thought I would sleep on it..... frustrated.gif It just got picked up....well u snooze u loose right? confused-smiley-013.gif

I bought that one too sorry.gif

Its ok I forgive u flowerred.gif

......when I saw the book, it took about 3 seconds to hit the BIN button. Even though I don't collect Fiction House per se, how often do any of us get a chance these days to find a GA raw gorgeous high grade white paged somewhat Scarce unrestored book with this much curb appeal......... (not that I'm gloating Socratic Wonder.. flowerred.gif)

1816785-JumboComics-29-8.JPG

Steve

1816785-JumboComics-29-8.JPG.0573f885b6cef20fc197dd1e73a36a6f.JPG

I was considering the jumbo #29 last night but thought I would sleep on it..... frustrated.gif It just got picked up....well u snooze u loose right? confused-smiley-013.gif

I bought that one too sorry.gif

Its ok I forgive u flowerred.gif

......when I saw the book, it took about 3 seconds to hit the BIN button. Even though I don't collect Fiction House per se, how often do any of us get a chance these days to find a GA raw gorgeous high grade white paged somewhat Scarce unrestored book with this much curb appeal......... (not that I'm gloating Socratic Wonder.. flowerred.gif)

1816785-JumboComics-29-8.JPG

Steve

893scratchchin-thumb.gif I think your gloating just a little Steve(not that I wouldn't wink.gif)......

Its funny I never planned on collecting fiction house until six months ago when one day my girlfriend was watching me on heritage and was like....hey why don't you get that one with my name on it.....I was like foreheadslap.gif....then recovered nicely and told her "I only have room for one Sheena in my life"....I later decided to pick up the jumbo #19 at auction anyway....I have grown a strong appreciation for them since and now a early jumbo collection is one of my little pet projects....and it makes my girlfriend happy

Steve some great books for sure. I like the way Marnin does business, full disclosure, quick to respond and detailed. I was wondering why it took so long for this wave of books from this collection to hit the market as it seems like ages ago when we first heard of this collection. I also thought the MMC#5 was sold in the firts offering last year?

The Jumbo 29 was definitely one of the more appealing books in the batch! As I've said before, you have a good eye Steve.

I also picked up the KDF 24 (couldn't resist; I have always liked the KDF run even when overshadowed by AMF or A-Man), and I see that the Action 26 is now gone too.

I'm a bit surprised the Amazing Adventure Funnies 1 hasn't sold - average cover, but one of my Top 10 favorite Centaurs because it's just loaded on the inside.

Surfer, the MMC 5 was apparently returned by the buyer last year due to the controversy over that color nick in the top right hand corner. I think it's a great opportunity to get a great book...

Finally, I like the way Marnin does business as well - full disclosure, great communication, and I truly feel like I'm dealing with a friend. thumbsup2.gif

STEVE

The Jumbo 29 was definitely one of the more appealing books in the batch! As I've said before, you have a good eye Steve.

I also picked up the KDF 24 (couldn't resist; I have always liked the KDF run even when overshadowed by AMF or A-Man), and I see that the Action 26 is now gone too.

I'm a bit surprised the Amazing Adventure Funnies 1 hasn't sold - average cover, but one of my Top 10 favorite Centaurs because it's just loaded on the inside.

Surfer, the MMC 5 was apparently returned by the buyer last year due to the controversy over that color nick in the top right hand corner. I think it's a great opportunity to get a great book...

Finally, I like the way Marnin does business as well - full disclosure, great communication, and I truly feel like I'm dealing with a friend. thumbsup2.gif

STEVE

ah HA!!! So you DID pick up the KDF!!! I was wondering who got that. What a nice book... if I wasn't trying to save for other, future purchases, I would have been all over that one. You really cleaned Marnin's house, didn't you? poke2.gif

I phoned him on Saturday to arrange payment, and he seems like a really nice guy ... and grounded. Have never bought from him before, but I have a feeling I'll be back ...

STEVE

I thought about the AAF1 and the Fantoman 2, but went with AMan 5 instead (very restricted right now)...

I have also thought about picking up the MMC 5, just to have a trading copy...hmmm

gator

I have ony bought from Marnin once (Batman 40, 8.0 dust shadow on edge), but I always watch his site and it was great that he sent out a notice on Friday for the new Trolley books. This offering had a great assortment! I will keep watching and waiting for one of my grails to show up!

Steve some great books for sure. I like the way Marnin does business, full disclosure, quick to respond and detailed.

......and, unbeknownst to Marnin, he sold me my 1st "substantial" GA Superhero book in December of '06 ( which is when I switched my focus to GA Superheros, having collected just about everything but in the past ).

It is a real bad a-s killer comic book .....a $9,500 unrestored NM 9.4 off-white paged pristine Trolley....I just happen to have a scan laying around:

1817360-MoreFunComics-62-9.JPG

Steve

1817360-MoreFunComics-62-9.JPG.dd3387e4e0ff7270dbcdf9a3986af23b.JPG

Hold the phone, book secured. cloud9.gif

MarvelMysteryComics-5-4.jpg

That's one of my most favorite MM covers. thumbsup2.gif

I have several comics in my collection with the same pencilled "L" on them. I wonder if they're from the same collection. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif