• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

School me on AVENGERS 260-285

11 posts in this topic

I've been jonesing to buy some older comics from my youth. Some of my favorite books to read and re-read were Avengers 260-285. I remember right, my subscription to Star Wars came to an end with the end of that series, so I switched over to Avengers. I continued to read it for a couple of years. Avengers was my first superhero book that I read consistently thanks to the subscription. Of course, reading those turned me on to other hero books.

Anyway, I want to rekindle my youth and hunt down some reading copies of these issues, plus some minty fresh copies. Is it safe to assume that these are readily available in 9.4 or better condition? How much should I expect to pay for raw or CGC copies?

Just trying to get some ideas on what and how before I dive in. So any help would be appreciated.

I've been jonesing to buy some older comics from my youth. Some of my favorite books to read and re-read were Avengers 260-285. I remember right, my subscription to Star Wars came to an end with the end of that series, so I switched over to Avengers. I continued to read it for a couple of years. Avengers was my first superhero book that I read consistently thanks to the subscription. Of course, reading those turned me on to other hero books.

Anyway, I want to rekindle my youth and hunt down some reading copies of these issues, plus some minty fresh copies. Is it safe to assume that these are readily available in 9.4 or better condition? How much should I expect to pay for raw or CGC copies?

Just trying to get some ideas on what and how before I dive in. So any help would be appreciated.

Search the dollar bins and you can find Avengers 260-285 in 9.4 or better for about a $1 a book. I know I have. Plus, generally you can find NM or better copies in the comic book stores (if you have a good one) for about $3 a book -- which is just fine too if you are really buying 9.4 or better copies and want to save the time and effort of searching bins.

Masters of Evil and insane.gifZeus storylines cloud9.gifcloud9.gif loved that run growing up yay.gif

what is it about comics from the 70s/80s vs. late 90s/2000s that make them hold up better in the dollar boxes? An LCS got in a couple of long boxes of stuff from the past 10 years, which I was happy about because I wanted to go after some 1999-2001 stuff I had missed when I took a hiatus from buying anything after 1976. But criminey, finding anything better than a Fine was tough. These books are fragile. Yet I'll see boxes of unbagged 70s/80s stuff that has held up nicely even after getting pawed through for years.

The run is real good even up to the early 300's, some great art and stories in there, probably the last time it was that good as far as the Avengers franchise goes.

They are good now gossip.gif

The run is real good even up to the early 300's, some great art and stories in there, probably the last time it was that good as far as the Avengers franchise goes.

They are good now gossip.gif

Subject to debate makepoint.gifgossip.gif