• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Captain Marvel #1

9 posts in this topic

Is there a stain on the upper spine (back cover)? And some color rubbing in the lower left corner, front cover? Scans a bit fuzzy, kind of tough to fine-tune... confused-smiley-013.gif

This is a tough one. You don't usually see that much color rubbing on an otherwise undamaged book. It probably spent some time unprotected in a dealers box when it was fairly new, until someone bought it and started treating it better.

I'd go with 5.5 or so, to be honest.

Is there a stain on the upper spine (back cover)? And some color rubbing in the lower left corner, front cover? Scans a bit fuzzy, kind of tough to fine-tune... confused-smiley-013.gif

The scans are better but I still can't tell. confused.gif

I guess it comes down to whether those color-rubbed areas are still glossy & smooth, or have moisture damage (however light) and are missing gloss. Without knowing for sure, I'd lean towards agreeing with the more conservative grades here...somewhere around the 5.5/6.0 range.