• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Amazing Spider-Man #347

3 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I just got back into collecting comics (sold all my comics about 15 years ago...stupid kid!), and I'm starting to build up my collection again. I haven't done any grading, so I don't really know what grading bracked my collection falls into.

Here's a scan of Amazing Spider-Man #347, note in the upper right hand corner of the front scan how the back cover is hanging over the front cover a bit (the pages look to have been miscut a tad in that area from production)

asm347front.jpg

asm347back.jpg

There is also a little bit of ink bleed from facing pages (most noticable from a page with a full ad with a black background) intermingled throughout the book...does that type of thing generally detract from the grade?

I consider this comic to be in the worst condition out of my current collection (not that it's in bad condition, it's just that all the others I have look to be in better condition than this one), so hopefully I'll get a sense of the overall condition of my collection by your replies to this scan.

Thanks!

*edit* - so I'm guessing PGM means "please grade me"...so I added that to my title to see if I could get some grading responses!

I'm going to have to go lower on this one- maybe a 8.0. Here's what I'm seeing:

BACK COVER: Scuff / mark next to the bottom staple, some slight staple stress w/ color break on the upper staple, blunted left corner, and two small folds with color loss.

FRONT COVER: 2 spine stresses w/ color breaks (one across from the center text ballon and the second right above Larson's sig).

Overall, it's still a solid looking issue with marginal problems- just enough of them to downgrade it into the lower spectrum of the high grade issues.

Welcome back into the hobby- I was in your shoes about a year or so ago, and have really loved getting into this again. The forums, I'm sure you are finding, are a real help too. Best of luck! thumbsup2.gif

-Forrest