• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM - Joe Palooka #2

7 posts in this topic

Don't think so. That book guides at $112 in VG which I don't even know if you could get with that stain on the BC. How many pages does the stain go through?

Is that a spine split on the bottom?

Hmm...I'm leaning towards 3.0.

My guess is a 3.0 as well . . . the heck with the Guide price - covers ridiculing Hitler? Priceless! sumo.gif

If you're selling, I believe that you would do just as well raw as slabbed in this grade, unless you have some reason to suspect that it's been restored, and wish to get a professional opinion grin.gif

Hitler covers are awesome - and saying it's a covering ridiculing him is almost redundant grin.gif In any case, I assumed by his original question that he was considering selling and only mentioned the guide price to see if slabbing was fiscally reasonable. Found this one on Heritage that sold for less than 50% guide (just to give you an idea).

]http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=14071&Lot_No=16561&src=pr[/url]

Anyhow, hope this helps!!

Joe Palookas are short bus comics in the extreme. That said the first series and #1 and a few other keys from the second series might get guide.

Still nothing quite like a Hitler cover which makes for an easy ebay tag.

BL: do not send to CGC.

Ed

Juggernaut's copy is nicer (I wouldn't call the Heritage copy a VG+) - and that auction was three years ago, though values may not have changed much.

Ebay is your best bet for selling GA with Hitler covers - they usually get around guide and can sometimes sell for multiples - slabbing has no real effect on these prices until you get into the $500 and up range.