• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Non-witnessed signatures?

8 posts in this topic

New to the forum; I looked around and couldn't find the answer.

How does CGC handle books that are signed but not at an official/witnesses signing (specifically something that came signed from DF with a COA.) I know it won't be a SS; is it graded as Qualified with the note that the signatures aren't confirmed?

TIA

Thanks for the info. Would the Qualified label make the book less valuable than the same grade Universal (without signatures)?

Eye of the Beholder essentially, but based on experience I would think that fewer collectors would be interested in a Qualified grade over a Universal one if the qualifier was an unverified signature, unless the book was pre-1975 and/or featured the signature of a creator that passed away or does not make signing appearances.

I'm certain that there would be premium interest in a Qualified high grade silver age Marvel comic signed by a Kirby or a Ditko.

Thanks for the info. Would the Qualified label make the book less valuable than the same grade Universal (without signatures)?

Eye of the Beholder essentially, but based on experience I would think that fewer collectors would be interested in a Qualified grade over a Universal one if the qualifier was an unverified signature, unless the book was pre-1975 and/or featured the signature of a creator that passed away or does not make signing appearances.

I'm certain that there would be premium interest in a Qualified high grade silver age Marvel comic signed by a Kirby or a Ditko.

Couldnt have said it better myself .. totally agree