• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spectre #3 - Worth Grading Complete #1-9..?

6 posts in this topic

I have the whole set of these books. Spectre #1 - #9. All look like this. I just decided to scan this one in as I like the colors on front cover. As you can tell just bought a scanner.

What you think about this one? Worth getting the whole set graded by CGC if look like this one?

Spectre3Front.jpg

Spectre3Back.jpg

Looks good, but light spine wear & corner creasing will hold the grade down. The lower right corner looks rounded (tip missing?) or folded in...I'd guess a grade of 6.5. Nice but definitely not worth getting slabbed.

By the way, welcome to the boards! thumbsup2.gif

Looks good, but light spine wear & corner creasing will hold the grade down. The lower right corner looks rounded (tip missing?) or folded in...I'd guess a grade of 6.5. Nice but definitely not worth getting slabbed.

By the way, welcome to the boards! thumbsup2.gif

Thanks for the welcome! Just cracked open my collection after sitting for 25 yrs in long boxes. smile.gif

The corner was like that, not rolled or even folded. Not sure what happened with it on this particular issue.

I'd say 7.0 to 7.5. Remember that CGC is very picky about EVERYTHING (creases, rounded corners, spine stresses, soiling, finger bends, you name it they deduct for it).