• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whats the cheapest you have seen a Detective #27 sell for recently?

32 posts in this topic

Could you guys put the numbers in context for a Spidey freak/Marvel zombie.

With Spidey being over 45 years old now (I can remember when Supes was just 45!), it's no longer about how long these characters have been around, but rather, how many books remain.

I understand that pound for pound, Bats is just as popular/more/less depending on whom and when you ask as Petey. So my question is,

The number of 27's (50-100) compared to the number of AF 15's, and do you think the prices are right on both books considering the number of copies.

Simple answer.

No.

about 8 moths ago on eBay, there was a no reserve fair 1.0 raw Tec27 with amateur restoration...the book was a mess, had poor PQ and the cover was split and detached....and it still sold for $30,000.

I tried to bid more for that but got shut out via computer stall. My loss. That is worth much more.

You can always buy a low grade AF#15 at short notice.

Now is however a good time to buy a Tec #27 as there has been a realtive glut of them available

seems to come in waves, doesn't it...I bet we don't see that many more the rest of the year smile.gif I think there have been a dozen tec 27 and action 1's sold in the past 6-9 months....well has to run dry for a little bit, doesn't it?

rick

Agreed - think the well after the current copies will be dry on the Tec 27 for a couple of years but I think a couple more Actions may be coming up.

well, that is a book on my radar, wouldn't mind seeing an action 1 for sale!

gator

hello all...

the last 7 sales I know of (all in the last 6 months or so):

extensive restored fn/vf...$45000 (private sale)

extensive restored vf+...$47000 (clink)

moderate restored fn/vf...$50,800 (heritage)

extensive restored/trimmed vg...$36000 (heritage)

extensive restored fn/vf in the $50,000 range (mastronet)

slight restored fn/vf in the $65000 range (metro sale)

unrestored 6.0 in the $150,000+ range (metro sale)

those are the ones I have seen...

gator

sumo.gifrock_out.gifsumo.gif

Great Info Rick

Very cool story, Bat-Hound. Thanks for sharing, and congratulations!!!

Thanks...Just a side note. I remember this antique dealer told me he picked up these books at an estate auction. He won all the contents in a house and barn. I believe he said the books were found in a old dresser drawer in the top floor of the house. All the books just happened to come with the dresser 893whatthe.gif

I missed the offering of all the books by a week gossip.gif