• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This guy is a little weird, but he's got some great GA comics.

74 posts in this topic

It appears to have been filmed for a friend and then he must have decided to post it to the web. I would act differently for a video for a long-time friend than if I did something that would go out to the entire world. Give him credit for being willing to be goofy/geeky in love with his comics in public -- he has some nice books and certainly seems to enjoy them.

It appears to have been filmed for a friend and then he must have decided to post it to the web. I would act differently for a video for a long-time friend than if I did something that would go out to the entire world. Give him credit for being willing to be goofy/geeky in love with his comics in public -- he has some nice books and certainly seems to enjoy them.

He could have curtailed the farting though.... tongue.gif

He could have curtailed the farting though.... tongue.gif

This is going to sound mean, and so I apologize in advance. But after watching these, I had the urge to go hug my wife and daughter.

He has really nice comics, but there is some odd sadness here. I kept hoping to hear someone yelling "dinner's ready."

If you don't have a family, you may as well buy something you like and that is worth while. I plan to get married and have a family of my own one day, but in the meantime I'll be dropping big bucks on comics and art smile.gif

The guy seems to enjoy comics. He's got a killer collection.

is it just me, or at 1:12 or so, does he have holes in his socks? seems like the type who lives in a *spoon* apartment or with his parents, who owns nothing nice EXCEPT for their comic books.

why own anything else? he really should tidy up a little and buy a display rack, a few showcases, and take credit cards. grin.gif

I noticed those videos yesterday when searching for the Jerry Weist/Bonham's interview. However, I thought it was pretty clear that they were intended for file sharing with a relative and not for wider distribution. Goes to show that you should be careful what you put on YouTube...

---

One more constructive thought: it would be cool if we could find less embarrassing ways to use videos to share our collections. I am not sure how, but it is something to think about... If we were to have a competition for the coolest way of using video some day I'd make a donation towards prizes.

I noticed those videos yesterday when searching for the Jerry Weist/Bonham's interview. However, I thought it was pretty clear that they were intended for file sharing with a relative and not for wider distribution. Goes to show that you should be careful what you put on YouTube...

I did just put your little show on youtube. Hope you don't mind. stooges.gif

Here we are a set of guys who probably spend more time posting about comics on an internet chat board than we should making light of someone who created a video record to share his comics with a friend. Not only does he have some very nice books he definitely knows a thing or two about them beyond the label on the slab.

Now if you want to make fun of something then just look at the videos that has marked as his favorites. foreheadslap.gif

I did just put your little show on youtube. Hope you don't mind.

In case I left any doubt, that was just a technical test to see if you can post videos with enough clarity. I'm trying to think if I could make an interesting video of something without ending up on Conan O'Brien for all the wrong reasons...