• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This guy is a little weird, but he's got some great GA comics.

74 posts in this topic

I about blew a nut when he was pulling out those Timely's, especially the Mystic,...Wow!

That being said, what a goofball! Really should clean up a little, but I found him strangely entertaining and funny. To boot, has some amazing books, loved the Axil F playing in the background along with vintage Eddie Murphy.

this guy is a case...

funny though....he's talking to someone and says ....you're probably popping a woodie......on camera.....nice books, but .......definately a bit out there.

One more constructive thought: it would be cool if we could find less embarrassing ways to use videos to share our collections. I am not sure how, but it is something to think about... If we were to have a competition for the coolest way of using video some day I'd make a donation towards prizes.

That was part of the reason I posted these. I think it's a neat way to share your collection (although with less farting).

I also wondered if anybody knew the guy. He's got the Nicolas Cage Marvel Mystery #65. Anybody know who bought it?

One more constructive thought: it would be cool if we could find less embarrassing ways to use videos to share our collections. I am not sure how, but it is something to think about... If we were to have a competition for the coolest way of using video some day I'd make a donation towards prizes.

That was part of the reason I posted these. I think it's a neat way to share your collection (although with less farting 27_laughing.gif).

I also wondered if anybody knew the guy. He's got the Nicolas Cage Marvel Mystery #65, anybody know who bought it?

Around here..'ownership' of big name books is better than social secuirty numbers for ID'ing some collector or another! 893whatthe.gifhi.gifyeahok.gif

He has some amazing books and I am glad he decided to share them with the world. I will never have anything remotely as nice as he has and more power to him if he is happy. He is no more odd than the typical homeowner that I deal with in my line of work. He did say that he was showing off the books in his spare bedroom. Up until 2 months ago when I converted a spare bedroom into a kick-azz nursery, his room appears to be less cluttered than mine was. Spare bedrooms tend to attract alot of junk.

Sure, he is a little basic when dealing with bodily functions, but who here doesn't fart or use colorful language from time to time. (See....I just used some colorful language) Stop being so judgemental of this guy. He has something that he is really proud of and is obviously educated on their importance and worth. He is no different than the rest of us when you come down to it.

Scott

He has some amazing books and I am glad he decided to share them with the world. I will never have anything remotely as nice as he has and more power to him if he is happy. He is no more odd than the typical homeowner that I deal with in my line of work. He did say that he was showing off the books in his spare bedroom. Up until 2 months ago when I converted a spare bedroom into a kick-azz nursery, his room appears to be less cluttered than mine was. Spare bedrooms tend to attract alot of junk.

Sure, he is a little basic when dealing with bodily functions, but who here doesn't fart or use colorful language from time to time. (See....I just used some colorful language) Stop being so judgemental of this guy. He has something that he is really proud of and is obviously educated on their importance and worth. He is no different than the rest of us when you come down to it.

Scott

thumbsup2.gif Nicely said. Here's to right minded people.

boy, call me a stickler, but his insistence at referring to it as "the Mile High" pedigree is a bit maddening

boy, call me a stickler, but his insistence at referring to it as "the Mile High" pedigree is a bit maddening

It is hard to change your ways when that is what the collection had been called for most of the last thirty years. I know, 'cause I'm guilty of it too. It is like the idea of changing the San Fransisco collection to the Tom Reilly collection. They will always be Friscos to me. But I do see your point.

I hope everybody will post nice comments and encourage him to join the boards. I don't think Harold understands. confused-smiley-013.gif

If he started posting here he would be a unique and singular forum member.

He has a friend!

I hope everybody will post nice comments and encourage him to join the boards. I don't think Harold understands. confused-smiley-013.gif

He has a friend!

I'm guessing he's here already. He's too into CGC not to know about the boards.

He's probably afraid to reveal himself now. paperbag.gif

He has a friend!

I know who he is. gossip.gif He's a funny guy

West

He has a friend!

You are probably right. And therefore he already knows

that I need to upgrade my Mystic #9.

If you are reading this, Mr. Mystery Man, I have some great comics to trade

(which Harold will really get a kick out of).

Call me at 713-780-0675!