• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just got a email for Paypal

10 posts in this topic

They are eliminating the $5 bonus program for getting someone to sign up.

That has been part of their plan since their conception right?

I wonder what else is going to change...

Not after 9/26...

Notice Date: August 21, 2003

Effective Date: September 26, 2003

PayPal's New Account Bonus and Refer-A-Friend Bonus Programs will expire on September 26, 2003. PayPal Members can continue to earn a bonus up to September 26, 2003, as long as all bonus requirements are fulfilled by the expiration date. No New Account or Refer-A-Friend bonuses will be paid after September 26, 2003. PayPal will continue to offer bonuses under the Merchant Referral Bonus Program. For more information about PayPal's bonus programs, please review the Bonus Policy.

And that's not All!

========================================

PayPal Preferred Rewards / 1.5% Cashback Change

Starting on September 26, 2003, there will be two new requirements to receive 1.5% cashback on PayPal ATM / Debit Card purchases. The new requirements are as follows:

Maintain an active PayPal Premier or Business account

Have the PayPal Preferred on eBay preference turned on.

PayPal Preferred on eBay is a new feature that will be available to eBay Sellers at the end of September. This feature gives eBay sellers the ability to indicate to their buyers that they prefer PayPal. Buyers will see through participating sellers' listings that the sellers prefer PayPal.

Once the PayPal Preferred feature on eBay is available at the end of September, you will be able to turn it on from the PayPal website (click on the Auctions Link within the Profile tab) or from your Payment Preferences within My eBay.

These new requirements are in addition to the existing requirements to receive 1.5% cashback:

Obtain and activate a PayPal MasterCard ATM/Debit Card.

Have a valid eBay user ID and password registered with PayPal.

List on eBay at the rate of at least one item every three weeks.

Show PayPal in all of your eBay listings as the only online payment option that you advertise.

Sellers who do not meet these new and existing requirements will be disqualified from receiving 1.5% cashback on purchases. Disqualified users will have the opportunity to re-qualify by meeting all of the listed requirements.

===================================================

PayPal Shops Discontinued Outside U.S. and Canada

Effective September 26, 2003, registration for the PayPal Shops directory will no longer be available to merchants outside of the United States and Canada. Merchants outside of Canada and the U.S. who are already registered for the directory will continue to be listed in the PayPal Shops directory, but will be able to modify their Shops' business information only by contacting Customer Service.

=======================================================

A nice kick in the 893censored-thumb.gif to those outside North America huh?

boo.gif

Speaking of PayPal.........

Like everyone else, I got the bogus email from "PayPal" asking to confirm my password. So, me being the smarty pants that I am, I typed in a, shall we say, impolite name and password and clicked on the send link. When I did that, immediately, it appeared as though something was downloaded to my computer. It only took a second so it went so fast I have no idea what I saw.

Any of you sleuths have an idea what happened?

893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

Oh that could be bad. frown.gif

I'm not a PC expert but...

Never click on a attachment or link unless you are confident it's not something nasty.

For Canucks,

get a CIBC/President's Choice Financial cr card. No fee 1% dividend or $90/yr fee 2% dividend/cash back cr card can be linked to PayPal. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I have a CIBC Dividend Platinum 2%. It comes in very handy. I even use it for daily purchases (gas, groceries, postage for eBay packages, etc...), and I pay it off right away. They even give you checks that you can use & get the dividend back. laugh.gif

--Vince

Like everyone else, I got the bogus email from "PayPal" asking to confirm my password. So, me being the smarty pants that I am, I typed in a, shall we say, impolite name and password and clicked on the send link. When I did that, immediately, it appeared as though something was downloaded to my computer. It only took a second so it went so fast I have no idea what I saw.

Any of you sleuths have an idea what happened?

893frustrated.gif

Those fraud emails are annoying so I did the same thing you did - typed in an impolite response and clicked a "continue" link. It wasn't a PayPal message though - it was for my "CitiBank Checking Account" which I DON'T have. Anyway, my computer died the next time I turned it on (it was a nasty sight) and I had to scramble to replace it. Maybe it was a coincidence but I think something got in after I clicked that link. I'll never replay to fraud emails again. 893frustrated.gif