• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KUDOS THREAD - positive feedback on buyers/sellers

21,401 posts in this topic

ok, round of Kudos...

first of all thanks to texasknight for finding that elusive comic Aztec 10

After I posted this title in the "Maltese Falcon,single comic book Nemisis' thread he contacted me and told me he could order it from his LCS and use his store discount to get me a better price...Well he did and even shipped it for free...

Also thanks to shortshorts.jpg and lighthouse.jpg for taking the time to find some books for me at the Seattle show.

lighthouse.jpg also gave a me a killer deal on a whole mess of TPBs and hardcovers....

good folk on a great board.... thumbsup2.gif

Kudos to Rocketeer for a nice batch of bronze Amazing Spider-Man. Accurately graded, shipped very fast, and packed extremely well! Thanks JD! thumbsup2.gif

I second the Kudos to rocketeer for a smooth transaction on a CGC WW, Fast shipping, and packaged well enough to withstand a nuclear explosion 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

It's my Daughter first CGC book and she will be extremely happy thumbsup2.gif

I second the Kudos to rocketeer for a smooth transaction on a CGC WW, Fast shipping, and packaged well enough to withstand a nuclear explosion 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

It's my Daughter first CGC book and she will be extremely happy thumbsup2.gif

And thanks for giving me my 100th positive feedback on E-bay !! grin.gif

Kudos to Mile High Comics!... 893whatthe.gif

Aaron Krieger and Ron ** thumbsup2.gif

OK... MHC is not very popular on these boards, but let's forget the walking controversy that is Chuck Rozanski for a moment and focus on the website, stock, 40% off sale and the service.

I have not bought from MHC since I was 14 or so when I bought a bunch of bronze sets from an ad inside a comic. I have perused their website a few times and found the regular prices too high on the books that interested me. Recently though, a friend emailed me to check the site out as they lowered prices AND then slashed prices another 40%. I did, and immediately started to rack up purchases. I called over to place my order (for the day) and spoke to Rob and Aaron. I found them both to be very helpful and pleasant. Over the next couple hours I called and emailed several more times and Aaron was very quick to respond to all of my questions and concerns. Over the next 3 days, I continued to add purchases. I called over and had Aaron check on stock, if there were duplicates (to calculate my risk... as they can't promise which one you'll get if there are multiples) and to express my concern over shipping my orders safely. Aaron even extended the 40% sale for me because i was buying so much.

At the end of the spending spree, I hit the $2K mark and was VERY happy with all the books I bought and the prices paid. The shipping charges were surprisingly low as well. I received my orders over the following week. All of the books were packed very safely in either larger boxes or Diamond boxes and surrounded with "environmentally friendly" shipping noodles. They obviously took my shipping concerns seriously and I appreciated the effort.

Anyway, all I can say is if MHC advertises another 40% off sale... I'll take it seriously and I'll gladly buy again with the prices and service I received.

Thanks Aaron and Ron

893applaud-thumb.gif

Were they all slabbed?

Jim

Yes Jim, all slabbed and at attractive prices.

I filled in my collection with

(4) Marvel Premiere 9.6's with Iron Fist @ $60 ea.

Avengers 136 and Ghost Rider 10 (vs. Hulk) in 9.8 @ $95-$110

(2) Sub-Mariner 35 9.4 W (defenders prequel pt 2) @ only $150! ea.

FF 167 (vs Hulk) in 9.6 @ $66

Special Marvel Edition #1 9.6 @ $140

Several Hulks in 9.6 including #169 @ $60 ea.

Several Avengers in 9.6 including 137 (1st Beast as an Avenger) @ $60 ea.

Several Ghost Riders in 9.6 including 6, 7, 13 @ $60 ea.

Several rarely graded books in 9.6/9.8 with classic bronze covers like

human torch 7, iron man 66 @ $60 ea.

and about (10) items on want lists that I was able to trade or sell

Also keep in mind the friend who emailed me the "heads up" nabbed $600 worth of good stuff before telling me... half of which I would have bought.

Not that I need any competition, but I would take their 40% off sales seriously.

Not that I need any competition, but I would take their 40% off sales seriously.

I did an analysis of their new prices yesterday. They really did lower the price on a ton of books significantly. With 40% off there would certainly be some excellent deals. On the other hand, some of their price increases are out of this world.

I did an analysis of their new prices yesterday. They really did lower the price on a ton of books significantly. With 40% off there would certainly be some excellent deals. On the other hand, some of their price increases are out of this world.

I saw that Rob... nice work. I'm sure what you say is accurate and I can see why MHC would raise the price on some high dollar books prior to a sale. It may in essencence be a reserve on high ticket items that they don't care to discount. Maybe there is more to it, i don't really know. Many won't like that tactic of course, and i would suggest just excluding certain items as not to rub a buyer the wrong way as an alternative.

Anyway, I can only speak of the material that interested me. I'm aware that some of it was surprisingly "lowered" prior to the 40% off being applied, so it was actually 50-60% off their "typically high" original list in many cases. I don't get that, but I'm not complaining either. I just know I came away with some nice books at lower prices (at worst competitive) than i'd expect to have to pay for them on Ebay and private deals and some outright steals... and that's not a possibility I had considered previously.

Now I know better and will check out the sales when they are advertised.

I saw that Rob... nice work. I'm sure what you say is accurate and I can see why MHC would raise the price on some high dollar books prior to a sale.

I wasn't implying that. Someone else implied that they were doing that.

He stated in his newsletter that he was lowering many prices across the board as well as raising the prices on some of his books. What I did was just an updated analysis of his day-to-day prices. It made sense for me to revisit since I had done it before and he had made such a big deal out of the changes in the newsletter. I purposefully posted that table WITHOUT commentary.

I realize that you were just analyzing the data. I jumped the gun and arrived at that conclusion myself since some prices went up. I don't receive the MHC newsletter and didn't know CR mentioned some prices would go up as well... sounds like he had everything covered.

Thanks

Nice haul! I'm curious to see if this repricing structure is here to stay. The premature suspension of the sale by Chuck was odd and makes me wonder whether he's rethinking his pricing....

Hope not because I got my eye on some CGC comics myself once the sale goes back on.....

Jim

I don't receive the MHC newsletter.......

I "get" it, but my spam filter picks it up every time, even after I tell it not to. It's the only e-mail I regularly get that the spam filter catches every time no matter what. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Extreme Kudos to... 893applaud-thumb.gif

Steve Burns (sburnz) ** I had the pleasure of working with Steve recently and thoroughly enjoyed helping him acquire one of his awesome "grail" books! He is a pleasure to converse with about comics and is another of the boards true "good guys". As far as the deal, it couldn't have went any easier and smoother. Steve paid the 3rd party very quickly and was patient as the funds cleared. I was informed the book arrived safely in Steve's hands today and all end's well for everyone. Thanks Steve!

acclaim.gif Thank you Bruce, I must say that the pleasure was all mine. I have never posted Kudos before so I guess I am due. First and foremost is BronzeBruce13: I know everyone already knows this but this guy rocks! Great guy to work with, he has always been more than willing to help a guy out, freindly, and most importantly honest! I look forward to doing a lot more business with you in the future!

I started on the boards a while back and have had the pleasure of interacting with everyone. There are a few individuals that I would like to give a big flowerred.gif Thank You too thumbsup2.gif. These individuals have either personally been of assistance to me or have given me some valuable knowledge with there excellent posts, Thank you all! 893applaud-thumb.gif

MusicMeta--> outstanding book, still loving it! What a great deal!

Lighthouse

Darthdeisel

Greggy

hensley300

drbanner

timely

Wolvergeek--> Beautiful comic, thanks for the hook up!

comgeek--> This guys always got good deals!

silverbones

richnerd

gman

CaptiansOfIndustry

And to anyone else that I forgot, sorry. confused-smiley-013.gif

I look forward to working with many of you in the future, and watching the comic knowledge flow from you all on the forum. cloud9.gif

popcorn.gif

Steve Burns

sumo.gif