• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KUDOS THREAD - positive feedback on buyers/sellers

21,401 posts in this topic

Kudos to JonJesperson for buying my crud. Hope it gets there soon.

Also to 143sk. I fulfilled my requirement to purchase from him at every VCC and was not disappointed.

The temperature was dropping and freezing rain blanketed the streets as I made my way to the post office this evening. I was eagerly awaiting my shipment of comics from our beloved forum member, Aces.

The 10 minute drive seemed like hours as I thought about the goodies that may be waiting for me there. finally, I arrived. I could hardly contain my excitement as I entered the post office. Slowly, I cracked open my po box door, hoping against hope that a pink delivery notice might be inside.

Low and behold, under a small pile of bills, it was there! Joy of joys, indeed it was there! I turned quickly to see if there was a line. Only two people. Only two people standing between me and my shipment of comics. I raced to get in line before anyone else could get in front of me.

While I waited, a new register opened and the lady asked if she could help anyone. I said, "I just have a package to pick up" to which she replied, "Oh, I can help you with that."

I handed her my notice, butterflies dancing around in my stomach. I was now only moments away from comic goodness. I watched with great anticipation as she entered a small room behind the counter area. Quickly she emerged, box in hand. There they were, there were my comics! She handed me the box, then told me to have a nice night and drive safely. I clutched the box lovingly in my arms, thanked her and swiftly exited the building, being careful to protect my treasure from the treacherous elements outside.

The car ride back to my apartment was a blur, I only remember gently setting my new arrival in the passenger side bucket seat of my Grand Prix. Upon arriving home, I hastily threw off my coat and other winter garments, careful to set my shipment down on the kitchen counter first.

The red, white, and blue priority mail box seemed to shine extra bright as I sat on my couch, package in hand (think whatever you want here. meh now on with my story). I peeled back the tab labelled "Pull To Open" then cracked open the box just a little, then a little more. Not one but two beautiful envelopes lay gently cushioned by the business section of the Buffalo News Sunday paper.

I pulled the first envelope out of the box. Which issues of the Fantastic Four awaited me in this envelope? It was 82, 83, & 84. I quickly looked them over to check their condition. They were everything I had hoped they would be. Now I was even more eager to open the second envelope. Issues 89, 93, & 94. A quick glance at them and I knew they too were exactly as advertised.

Unable to contain myself anymore, I ran to the door out to my apartment balcony, swung it open and cried, "ACES!!!" Once more, freezing rain beating at my face, "ACES!!!" Knowing that praising his name from my apartment balcony could not possibly be enough, I swore my undying gratitude, pledging all that I still own (other than my comics of course), muscle, bone, blood, and the heart that pumps it.

Now realizing that at some point during all this, I had taken off my pants and was wearing only boxer briefs and a T-shirt in 24 degree weather and freezing rain, I reentered the warmth and protection of my apartment where my wonderful knew additions awaited me.

The temperature was dropping and freezing rain blanketed the streets as I made my way to the post office this evening. I was eagerly awaiting my shipment of comics from our beloved forum member, Aces.

The 10 minute drive seemed like hours as I thought about the goodies that may be waiting for me there. finally, I arrived. I could hardly contain my excitement as I entered the post office. Slowly, I cracked open my po box door, hoping against hope that a pink delivery notice might be inside.

Low and behold, under a small pile of bills, it was there! Joy of joys, indeed it was there! I turned quickly to see if there was a line. Only two people. Only two people standing between me and my shipment of comics. I raced to get in line before anyone else could get in front of me.

While I waited, a new register opened and the lady asked if she could help anyone. I said, "I just have a package to pick up" to which she replied, "Oh, I can help you with that."

I handed her my notice, butterflies dancing around in my stomach. I was now only moments away from comic goodness. I watched with great anticipation as she entered a small room behind the counter area. Quickly she emerged, box in hand. There they were, there were my comics! She handed me the box, then told me to have a nice night and drive safely. I clutched the box lovingly in my arms, thanked her and swiftly exited the building, being careful to protect my treasure from the treacherous elements outside.

The car ride back to my apartment was a blur, I only remember gently setting my new arrival in the passenger side bucket seat of my Grand Prix. Upon arriving home, I hastily threw off my coat and other winter garments, careful to set my shipment down on the kitchen counter first.

The red, white, and blue priority mail box seemed to shine extra bright as I sat on my couch, package in hand (think whatever you want here. meh now on with my story). I peeled back the tab labelled "Pull To Open" then cracked open the box just a little, then a little more. Not one but two beautiful envelopes lay gently cushioned by the business section of the Buffalo News Sunday paper.

I pulled the first envelope out of the box. Which issues of the Fantastic Four awaited me in this envelope? It was 82, 83, & 84. I quickly looked them over to check their condition. They were everything I had hoped they would be. Now I was even more eager to open the second envelope. Issues 89, 93, & 94. A quick glance at them and I knew they too were exactly as advertised.

Unable to contain myself anymore, I ran to the door out to my apartment balcony, swung it open and cried, "ACES!!!" Once more, freezing rain beating at my face, "ACES!!!" Knowing that praising his name from my apartment balcony could not possibly be enough, I swore my undying gratitude, pledging all that I still own (other than my comics of course), muscle, bone, blood, and the heart that pumps it.

Now realizing that at some point during all this, I had taken off my pants and was wearing only boxer briefs and a T-shirt in 24 degree weather and freezing rain, I reentered the warmth and protection of my apartment where my wonderful knew additions awaited me.

You got me all worked up...., then no punch line..., :(

Kudos to ShieldAgent for awesome packaging and fast shipping for a whole boatload of reader copy Marvel Westerns! They look great. I can't wait to dive into reading them. (worship)(worship)(worship)

thank you for the quick payment. I really hope you enjoy the books. (thumbs u

That's what she said.

Kudos to JonJesperson for buying my crud. Hope it gets there soon.

Also to 143sk. I fulfilled my requirement to purchase from him at every VCC and was not disappointed.

I'm in the "Always buy from 143" club too! My books were also awesome! Thanks also to Esquire for some ducks, Medic for a reaper of love and more I am forgetting... :eek:

<3

That's what she said.

Probably more than once, too...., :(