• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Free BIN on EBay

19 posts in this topic

Wow... you're going all out with the posts.

It sure is interesting how Paypal/EBay is strongly "encouraging" everyone to try and insist upon Paypal as the preferred (only if they could) choice of payment for eBay auctions. First the Paypal Credit Card gets new criteria revolving around the promotion of Paypal within EBay auctions... and now "Free Services" only IF you offer Paypal. Although you said "assume".. I bet that's correct.

Paypal leverage is being applied so eBay can make a little more on every transaction. Every payment that is not made via Paypal is a lost opportunity to get another cut. What's next? will they leverage sellers not to accept money orders or checks if they want a other special discounts?

893scratchchin-thumb.gifmad.gif

Joe hasn't even said so much as a "hello" to me yet. frown.gif
Joe is still "bitter" that you mocked his avatar! Now apologize! tongue.gif

Do you think the whole break the fiddle over Joe's head line complete with emoticon action added to that bitterness 893scratchchin-thumb.gif.... tongue.gif

Do you think the whole break the fiddle over Joe's head line complete with emoticon action added to that bitterness 893scratchchin-thumb.gif.... tongue.gif

Joe is never bitter. At least not with me!

Prove it was me that did that. sumo.gif

All I've ever tried to do in here was talk about comics.....and all you people have done is persecute me. 893frustrated.gif

All I've ever tried to do in here was talk about comics.....and all you people have done is persecute me. 893frustrated.gif

Blow me....prove that you ever talk about comics! tongue.gif

Prove that I never do. Post all of my posts in here and prove that none of them are about comics. makepoint.gif

Prove that I never do. Post all of my posts in here and prove that none of them are about comics. makepoint.gif

Screw you....you do the legwork! 893naughty-thumb.gif

It sure is interesting how Paypal/EBay is strongly "encouraging" everyone to try and insist upon Paypal as the preferred (only if they could) choice of payment for eBay auctions. First the Paypal Credit Card gets new criteria revolving around the promotion of Paypal within EBay auctions... and now "Free Services" only IF you offer Paypal. Although you said "assume".. I bet that's correct.

Paypal leverage is being applied so eBay can make a little more on every transaction. Every payment that is not made via Paypal is a lost opportunity to get another cut. What's next? will they leverage sellers not to accept money orders or checks if they want a other special discounts?

I love how Ebay has one little discount and suddenly all the conspiracy theorists and haters are coming out of the woodwork. 27_laughing.gif

just got it:

For 3 Days, the "Buy It Now" option is FREE for auction-style listings that accept PayPal payments.

With Buy It Now and PayPal you can:

Sell Fast - offer buyers an item at a set price that they can purchase immediately

Get Paid Fast - offer buyers a safe, quick and convenient way to pay

When is it? Starting Tuesday, August 26 at 00:00:01 PDT (12:00 AM plus one second on August 26, 2003) and ending 23:59:59 PDT on Thursday, August 28, 2003 (11:59 PM plus 59 seconds).

What are the fees? For auction-style listings (including Motors Vehicles and Non-Vehicles listings) the fee for the "Buy It Now" option will be $0.00 on the U.S. site (www.ebay.com) on listings that accept PayPal. PayPal must be selected as a payment option at the time of listing through eBay's Sell Your Item form or bulk listing tool such as Turbo Lister, Seller's Assistant or other third party tools. Listings created prior to August 26, 2003 that are scheduled to start during the promotional period August 26-28, 2003 will be eligible to receive the promotional rate. PayPal fees along with all other eBay fees (Insertion Fees, Final Value Fees and all other listing upgrade fees*) will still be charged.

PLEASE NOTE: the discounted fees will not be immediately reflected on the site. You will see a credit to your sellers account in mid to late September 2003. In order to be eligible for the promotion, you must select PayPal as a payment option during the listing process. (For example, this is step 4 in the Sell Your Item Form - Payments and Shipping section)

I love how Ebay has one little discount and suddenly all the conspiracy theorists and haters are coming out of the woodwork. 27_laughing.gif

I'm no hater MK... a long while back Vince, myself and several others expressed concern when eBay bought Paypal. Someone know where to find that one? We figured the eBay/Paypal union may allow Ebay to excercise more control over its customers. I theorized that a "merging" of user agreements might occur at some point. In particular, I wondered if you had a Paypal account "frozen" or in bad standing over a "chargeback" (they don't want you to issue) that it could affect your Ebay account too. These lateset "only if you use Paypal" requirements seem like the start of more to come... how far could it go?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif