• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I've had it with Ebay!!

74 posts in this topic

What a joke,

I bought a lot of Batman books off of the bay, described as "High grade, F+-VF+ with 1 or 2 VG's" in the lot of 33.

This guy has got to be a blind as a Bat, because 1 or 2 are F+, and the other 31-32 are VG, and below.

Now I am in a real jam because I have 100% positive feedback, and naturally he waits to leave feedback for the buyer until they leave it for him (which is BS, he got his money, right after the auction ended, have the balls to leave feedback, and deal with the consequences if your product is not even close to being as described)

Naturally, there are no returns in his auction description. He has 100% positive feedback, and over 400 sales, so I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

I even priced everything out at Fine, giving him a little breathing room if he overgraded the books by a grade, and he is still way off.

Any advice on what to do, without ruining my feedback?

You know something, I used to think like that also. I worked damn hard to keep my score at 100% positive, always afraid to neg someone because I knew I would get it right back. If I screwed up, I would make it right as a seller, and if I got screwed as a buyer I would like the seller to make it right with me confused-smiley-013.gif

Finally after 3 years of positives and a few unleft feedbacks because for the fear of retaliation I finally negged someone. You know what, I'm still here, life does go on once you leave a negative to someone who deserves it confused-smiley-013.gif

Did I get one back from him? yup but who gives a *spoon* acclaim.gif

Politely explain the issues you have with his grading, be specific, then kindly ask if he would be gentlemanly enough to provide you a full refund if u ship the books back.

When he refuses, let the negs fly!!!

Sorry to hear Andrew. frown.gif We've all been in that spot at some point.

Who is the seller?

conductoroflove is the seller.

Eeeewwww!

Were the books sticky?

Sorry to hear Andrew. frown.gif We've all been in that spot at some point.

Who is the seller?

conductoroflove is the seller.

Eeeewwww!

Were the books sticky?

The sleeves were sticking together, yes.

begin emailing him and be polite and firm.

This is the place to start.

Although I've never had a buyer unhappy with what I've sold them - I don't leave feedback until the buyer has acknowledged they are happy with their books. To my mind that is the end of the transaction. I've heard too many stories about crazy buyers. I had one buyer who gave me a neutral - stating that while he was happy with the book, I had charged him $3 more to ship it than the amount of postage listed on the package yeahok.gif

Don't worry about "perfect" feedback - scam sellers rely on that concern to keep you from complaining - and if you can't get satisfaction leave a neg not a neutral. I left a neutral once for undisclosed resto on a lower grade GA book, and got a neg in return frustrated.gif

Losing my 100% rating angered me for a while, but I got over it.

Biggest red flag is that all but 19 of those 436 feedbacks are as a buyer, not a seller. Well, that and the F/NM grade he cites.

He really does not appear to have sold a comic on ebay before other than ASM 36.

Seriously, try to reason with him. You never know.....

They don't look bad to me...I guess the digital pics are hiding most of the flaws. How is the #222?

It looks ok, but has a crease running from the right hand edge, to the bottom of the cover, about 4 inches long, all 4 corners blunted, spine stress, and some wear at the bottom of the FC. VGF/FN- tops

They don't look bad to me...I guess the digital pics are hiding most of the flaws. How is the #222?

And yes, thats exactly what happened, a LOT of these books have creases/wear that did not show up in the pictures.

You must be talking about This High Grade Auction

Crappy pictures, vague description and no return policy would have kept me far, far away!

confused-smiley-013.gif

Yeah, I wish I would have stayed away now.

Did you pay with CC through paypal?

If so, and the guy doesn't want to fess up, do a chargeback confused-smiley-013.gif I've never had to do one myself, so I can't tell you what to do, but I am sure there are many on here who could.

Just a thought...

John thumbsup2.gif