• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sanjulian art day (Super-Con 07)

15 posts in this topic

I liked Nexus's idea so I thought I would do my own.

I went crazy when I saw what Sanjulian brought with him and I gave in and bought one.

I am really happy. The picture doesn't do it justice. Sanjulian is one of the nicest people I have ever met in my life at a con. He is a Gentleman's Gentleman and an artist's artist. The amount of respect the other greats at the show were affording him was apparent very quickly as he is someone who's opinion they respect very highly. Thanks Sanjulian and crew (Lago,Lanting, Morger etc.)

Sanjulian Vampirella

I also picked up a couple of freebie sketches from my new friend Jason. He is a very cool dude and very generous with his fans. I spent all weekend bugging him when business got slow at my table. It was a lot of fun having him and his rep Ken come to the show as guests of Fantastic Comics.

Poison Ivy

Like Nexus said, the show was a blast. I was set up right next to board members Nexus and Wormboy and across from Greg at What's Hot Comics. They are all great guys and I had the pleasure of annoying them all weekend. CGC was right next to us so Paul and Harshen and companion (sorry man your name eludes me at the moment) were working hard taking subs.

This is my favorite art event all year and I too am looking forward to '08.

We (CGC, Fantastic Comics, and a few others) even made it on the 6 oclock news last night so overall I had a blast. Kudos to the Steve's and Scott. Art Day complete.

He might be back next year maybe he'll bring some friends.

Thanks! I am really excited.

I couldn't tell you with any expertise. Most of the pencil stuff he brought was on the same type stock.

It is a rough textured paper that is fairly rigid. One of the other guys who were there might know.

I'll Pm you

I think you are correct. It does have a nice broken texture to it.

YOWZA!!!! Nice piece, Chris!!!

thumbsup2.gif

Thanks, I am sorry you didn't make it in time. They held the door open until 5pm. I got in trouble for putting lids on my boxes at 4:30 so I could go into the artists alley for the last 30mins. (it was worth it though, I got to spend the remainder of the show with my favorite artists). Great show you definately have to make it next year the artists are incredible!!!!!

Very cool!