• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America 1 CGC 8.0: a cautionary tale

48 posts in this topic

This did not happen with The Fortress.....the greatest comic book holder of all time. ( for sale to the general public )

Steve

Steve-

No disrespect, but I am sorry to say that If the fortress is put together TOO TIGHT (Not enough of the white middle pieces put in) there is too much pressure on the comic

Also, when we get a restored book sent to us in a fortress, we ALWAYS call the customer and explain that if we take it out of the fortress and there is arcyrlic color touch on the cover, it may stick to the fortress film touching the book and may come off once it is lifted off the comic

Holy Moly......bring back The Fortress!!!!

when you buy and use the holder you get as a bonus 2 of Matt Nelson's services for free......pressing and resto removal !!!! acclaim.gif

27_laughing.gifhail.gif

What's all the talk about fireproof safes? I was thinking of getting one for my most expensive books. Is there some chemical that damages books?

I think they mentioned a specific type of safe. I have a few for miscellaneous comics and pulps but I use a high quality dessicant that keeps the humidity level at about 55 percent. The area I live in has high humidity, but relatively cool temeperatures.The walk in closet I store most of my comics in is located in the center of my house and stays at an average of 60 to 64 degrees temperature year round. I have a couple of safe deposit boxes where I store some books and also use smaller dessicant cannisters. The average temperature in that area of the bank averages around 65 degrees.

wasnt it already an 8.0??? How did it become only a 6.5 this time thru CGC?

When resubmitted yesterday, the book was sent to CGC still in the Fortress, according to CGC. It graded at 6.5 - that's all I know.

Is this the summation of the graders' notes? Have you called and gotten all available specifics? confused-smiley-013.gif

wasnt it already an 8.0??? How did it become only a 6.5 this time thru CGC?

When resubmitted yesterday, the book was sent to CGC still in the Fortress, according to CGC. It graded at 6.5 - that's all I know.

Is this the summation of the graders' notes? Have you called and gotten all available specifics? confused-smiley-013.gif

All 3 graders gave it 6.5, Cream to off-white, slightly brittle pages. Cover and some pages reinforced. No color touch, no trim. No rusty staples. No rat chews. No SCS.