• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What age has the best reading material ??????

Which age has the best reading material????  

384 members have voted

1. 1. Which age has the best reading material????

28 posts in this topic

I think every era has its good and bad points.

Golden - I have never really been into Gold comics. I can't afford the good stuff so the only think I read is reprints, mainly DD and Scrouge stuff.

Silver - I like selected items, mostly all super hero stuff. I love the covers more then anything.

Bronze - Probably my most favorite age. My favorite comics are Conan, Jonah Hex, TOD and Spiderman. I really like the art and storys from the bronze age.

Copper - I like alot of it as this is what I grew up reading. I don't like the art as much as the bronze age.

Modern - I like the art and the glossy pages. I also like the modern titles like Walking dead, Mouse guard etc. I don't like all the evolution or changing of the old characters. Its more about selling comics and marketing now, in the old days it was more about the comics and the characters.

The Bronze age Spider-Man stuff is short of brutal as I've read it all from amazing to spectacular. Now the bronze age of X-Men was a tad different. I thought this was the highlight as far as reading went for the mutants we all love. Spider-man was shining in the copper age as far as stories went. Since this is all I've really ever read with the exception of some Captain America and random DC books I'd give copper a 70/30 split over the bronze. Gold being just fun stories and silver setting the groundwork for what was to come but not all that great with exception to some incredible stories once in a while.

Richard

For reading material, I voted Modern (and in my mind, I'm mainly referring to superhero stuff, although I read the Preacher TPBs and liked them). Nostalgia and dollar-value aside, a lot of GA and SA comics are just painful to read.

I voted bronze. Early Bronze Comics began to focus on more mature readers. The Magazine format was really taking off. You read some of the Warren HORROR mags produced back in the day they hold up extremly well. As does savage sword of Conan. The Thomas/Windsor run on Conan. O neal /Adams Batman comics and Green lantern stuff. The fantastic stories and art from the Horror comics Len Weins and Bernie Whrightson Swamp thing etc. etc. etc. There is so much Gold in the Bronze age I could go on forever.