• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

G.I. Combat #9 HELP

21 posts in this topic

Not a single reply, all you high end dealers out there don't have any.....I think I'm starting to prove my point that G.I. Combat #9 is rare as a $3 bill. Hell, I've been talking to Bob "BLB" and even he doesn't have one. Whiz #17, BAH! try find a GIC #9

I have a scan of a copy that I sold last year.

I will post it in a bit for you.

sweet, your rock. Trying to create a digital archive of all the trooper covers seeing as how I probably can't afford all of them. Have you seen another copy since you last sold yours?

Vaughn,

No,

I did not know how rare it was when I sold it.Bought read it and sold it. I love to read the old war comics.

It was pretty low grade but all there. Bought it and several other early GI Combats at an auction in PA. if I remember correctly.

Here is my scan

gi9.jpg

Not a single reply, all you high end dealers out there don't have any.....I think I'm starting to prove my point that G.I. Combat #9 is rare as a $3 bill. Hell, I've been talking to Bob "BLB" and even he doesn't have one. Whiz #17, BAH! try find a GIC #9

you get me a whiz 17, I try to find you a GIC 9

deal insane.gif

gator

you get me a whiz 17, I try to find you a GIC 9

deal insane.gif

gator

Deal!

The Salida copy, a cracked-out CGC 7.0 (white pages).

GICombat9small.jpg

Beautiful! cloud9.gif

Holy *spoon*! How much? takeit.giftakeit.giftakeit.giftakeit.giftakeit.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif I know of a fellow board member who once sold a Salida for 13x Guide, and has regretted every day of his life since. Seriously, it sounds like the sun shines a little less brighter in his world because of it.

This boardie also sells and trades books on a whim, whereas I have never had the horro -- er, pleasure.

So ... what would be a fair multiple for someone in my situation? 25x Guide? 50x Guide? (And at what point does such price gouging turn me into a gypsy, tramp, and/or thief?)

So what does everyone think? Should I bust my selling cherry? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Holy *spoon*! How much? takeit.giftakeit.giftakeit.giftakeit.giftakeit.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif I know of a fellow board member who once sold a Salida for 13x Guide, and has regretted every day of his life since. Seriously, it sounds like the sun shines a little less brighter in his world because of it.

This boardie also sells and trades books on a whim, whereas I have never had the horro -- er, pleasure.

So ... what would be a fair multiple for someone in my situation? 25x Guide? 50x Guide? (And at what point does such price gouging turn me into a gypsy, tramp, and/or thief?)

So what does everyone think? Should I bust my selling cherry? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well, Paratrooper has been pretty clear that paratrooper covers are his collecting obsession. About as much as Salidas are yours. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif It is a quandry.

Well, Paratrooper has been pretty clear that paratrooper covers are his collecting obsession. About as much as Salidas are yours. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif It is a quandry.

Not really, considering there is but one Salida copy.

75x Guide!! And not a penny less!

Well, there was only one WM copy of WDC&S 139, and I still sold it to you for less than 75X Guide. poke2.gif

Well, there was only one WM copy of WDC&S 139, and I still sold it to you for less than 75X Guide. poke2.gif

White Mountain ain't a hair on Salida's butt. poke2.gifpoke2.gif

That's why I dumped the WDC&S 139 on you. poke2.gif

I needed something to light my crack-rock with.

I needed something to light my crack-rock with.

27_laughing.gif