• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The "CGC COMIC MARKET" DOES NOT EQUAL "THE COMIC MARKET"

9 posts in this topic

Sorry about starting a new thread about this, but if I see the "comics market" as a whole equated (as in "you can subsitute one for the other") with the "ebay auction, high grade, high multiple, CGC graded, speculator-fed, market" I am going to start crying. Seriously. Weeping like a little baby missing his favorite toy and his blankie at the same time.

I just want to throw some ideas out there so my head can stop hurting. High grade, high multiple CGC books make up a SMALL PERCENTAGE of all comics sales. More comics- by a large margin- are sold OFF OF EBAY than on it- AND EVEN ON EBAY THE MAJORITY OF COMICS THAT ARE SOLD ARE NOT CGC. HIGH GRADE, HIGH MULTIPLE CGC COMICS are a headline generating NICHE- it is not the entire market...

Thanks for listening (although it won't matter.)

hey, I'm doing this as much for you guys as I'm doing for my own sanity. I AGREE with both of you, but when I (for example) see gene call High Grade CGC Modern and Bronze books "90% of the comic market", I want to scream (for about 90 different reasons).

Hey, you should have noticed that I've toned down quite a bit, leaving the sellers to their shearing of these fools.

I just toss in a barb here and there, since due to some highly irritating emails I've received, I relish the pain to come. The more money that goes in, the more pain that comes out, so buy, buy, buy!!

but when I (for example) see gene call High Grade CGC Modern and Bronze

books "90% of the comic market"

I think you misunderstood me - the poster had admitted weakness in most

post-1966 CGC books and it is that segment of the market (1966-2002) that

I was referring to.

Gene

HIGH GRADE, HIGH MULTIPLE CGC COMICS are a headline generating NICHE- it is not the entire market...

But it's the only group that matters tongue.gif

Thanks for listening (although it won't matter.)

Oh, Mud, you know your playmates here so well... grin.gif

Certainly the Gold/Silver/and sometimes Bronze high grade 9.0 or better key or semi-keys markets are still going quite well..it's the modern stuff that isn't doing so hot. As well as the common Silver/Bronze and the low to midgrade Silver. All these are slow goings selling wise.

Brian