• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Romita's ASM 92 Cover For Sale

9 posts in this topic

Phil Weiss is having an auction on Sunday June 10 which includes the cover art to Amazing Spider-Man 92 by John Romita. Phil is the same auction house that had the ASM 43 last year that went for $100K.

Here is a link to the online catalog. I'll probably be there in person depending on if I see some comic book lots that look interesting or not during preview. (I don't buy OA).

http://www.auctionflex.com/showlot.ap?co...m=1&action=

Wouldn't mind a sharper image. Looks like a bit of white out on the cover which may detract some. Burkey will be posting the ASM 91 cover this weekend if someone is looking to drop some big bucks for a pair of bookend covers.

That's seems totally about right given that the ASM 94 that Mitch had for sale was at 25K (despite whatever is being asked for it now).

That Pumpkin daily was awesome - and the daily was phenomenal as well! What did that go for?

BTW Dan, you have posted some AMAZING stuff lately, I meant to e-mail you to compliment you on all of the phenomenal art that you've posted lately. New stuff or out of the vault?

Again, congrats!

westform, dem1138 -

That Peanuts pumpkin daily is gorgeous - it would've looked great beside my E.C. Segar black daily. I showed it to my wife yesterday, and when she saw the estimate she said to go for it. I told her the estimate was way low and that it would probably sell for between 25k and 30k.

I'm curious as to what the Segar Popeye sold for. I thought the estimate ($400 - $700) on that was really low as well. I haven't seen even a mediocre example sell for less than about $2500 in the last four years or so, with a few of the best pieces going into the five figure range.

Bill