• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This is very annoying...

16 posts in this topic

Received yet another email from this guy (as did many of you apparently):

"Come on guys, I really need your help, it takes no more than 5 mn to fill this poll and the information are so worthy to me and my thesis... Do I have to kneel down or what?!! ^^

thx anyway...

On 6/6/07, kamil essaidi <kamil.essaidi@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi collectors,

I'm a (collector) student and I have chosen "Internet and the collectors" as the main topic of my thesis. Actually, I desperatly need your help... Would you mind filling the quick poll I have prepared (attached file) ? Information are hard to gather on this topic, I would be grateful if you could spend 5mn on it, you could even enjoy it!! ^^

Thank you in advance, and be sure I will send you back my work if you are intersted...

Best regards,

Kamil Essaidi.

kamil.essaidi@gmail.com

PS: You must have some friends having the same collecting hobby, could you try to forward the poll to those who might be interested? thanks! thanks! thanks! "

Now really Kamil, if we didn't answer the first time, don't keep spamming! And further more, why are you sending out this stuff to email addresses anyway? Isn't that against board policy or something (assuming he is a board member)?

Seems the thing to do is to post a thread asking people to check out your poll, not spamming.

sign-rantpost.gif over...

Received yet another email from this guy (as did many of you apparently):

"Come on guys, I really need your help, it takes no more than 5 mn to fill this poll and the information are so worthy to me and my thesis... Do I have to kneel down or what?!! ^^

thx anyway...

On 6/6/07, kamil essaidi <kamil.essaidi@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi collectors,

I'm a (collector) student and I have chosen "Internet and the collectors" as the main topic of my thesis. Actually, I desperatly need your help... Would you mind filling the quick poll I have prepared (attached file) ? Information are hard to gather on this topic, I would be grateful if you could spend 5mn on it, you could even enjoy it!! ^^

Thank you in advance, and be sure I will send you back my work if you are intersted...

Best regards,

Kamil Essaidi.

kamil.essaidi@gmail.com

PS: You must have some friends having the same collecting hobby, could you try to forward the poll to those who might be interested? thanks! thanks! thanks! "

Now really Kamil, if we didn't answer the first time, don't keep spamming! And further more, why are you sending out this stuff to email addresses anyway? Isn't that against board policy or something (assuming he is a board member)?

Seems the thing to do is to post a thread asking people to check out your poll, not spamming.

sign-rantpost.gif over...

Ditto sign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gif

What's the advantage to having your email address in your personal profile? Just curious about the folks that do.
By the way..... this 8490.jpg rocks headbang.gif

What's the advantage to having your email address in your personal profile? Just curious about the folks that do.
By the way..... this 8490.jpg rocks headbang.gif

Thanks! But the real thanks are due to Flee, of course.

I tried really hard to resist but finally bit the bullet.

This also doesn't sound legit - with Universities on the hook financially for any wrong doing, the student should have gone through some kind of research ethics review process and had the survey approved. If this was on the up and up, the iniital contact letter should have described the University, program, etc. That is, of course, unless this "thesis" is from some university diploma program that Sally Struthers is hawking (like "Toaster Repair")... tongue.gif

Dan

This also doesn't sound legit - with Universities on the hook financially for any wrong doing, the student should have gone through some kind of research ethics review process and had the survey approved. If this was on the up and up, the iniital contact letter should have described the University, program, etc. That is, of course, unless this "thesis" is from some university diploma program that Sally Struthers is hawking (like "Toaster Repair")... tongue.gif

Dan

Hmmm, good points. The name seems a little suspect too. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Anyone know if this guy is a board member? confused-smiley-013.gif

Looks like for me the advantage is getting put on mass mailing lists that I dont want to be on.

I deleted my email out of my profile this morning.